EPILOGUE

My name is Priscilla Atwood, I live in Alice Town, the Bahamas with my mother Lucinda. We've been alone for as long as I could remember, my father passed away when I was seven I don't remember much how it happened and my mother rarely talks about it, I assumed the memory is too much for her which is also why I blocked the memory and sometimes I find it difficult to remember him, I don't even know his name. 

 When I was a child my mother would often travel back and forth from Raleigh, North Carolina to Alice town. We both decided it was time for us to move there permanently, my mother is a neuroscientist who works mostly on memory sensors and restorations. I wanted to follow her footsteps in medicine but as much as I tried, I was never able to pass the MCAT, so I tried to take the LSAT I received a high score and decided to go to law school.

 I was always a quiet girl, I found it difficult to speak to others and to allow them to touch me. Their hands touching my skin felt like it was melting my body and I would often scratch myself and at times I would run home to take showers until I felt clean again. I took a different approach and started wearing clothes that would cover my whole body including my arms. The only body part I would leave out was my hands since it's much easier to wash in the bathroom and I would often walk around with hand sanitizer. 

 In high school, I would often be called a freak because of such behavior but I didn't mind. My mother signed a petition not allowing me to play in any physical activities that required me to undress, I never had the chance to play in P.E or any sport for that matter, I didn't care much since I was mostly a fan of books. I would always be hiding in the library reading all the classics like Moby Dick. I would often lose myself in the stories, it often helps me feel better. I don't know why I always felt out of place, different and at times I would feel trapped in my own body unable to breathe or even move. I would often have a nightmare about it, ever since my mother told me we were moving to North Carolina. 

The nightmares had become worse, I was afraid of the move and my new normal. I was about to start law school. I figured it would be a chance to re-invent myself, to finally make friends even get a boyfriend. There was a boy back in my high school, Ethian he had shown interest in me, we both loved books and would often sit together in the library reading, one day he placed his hands on my lap and I felt agitated, I couldn't breathe I pushed him away and started screaming and crying, ever since that day Ethian stopped talking to me and everyone in the school who heard what happened began to call me a freak and maybe they were right. Something was wrong with me, I was weird, and I didn't like it, I am going to take this opportunity not only to start fresh but to re-invent myself.