Two - moving forward

Susanna has always loved dogs.

But dogs didn't necessarily love her back.

It took a long while of bonding to get them to love her.

But her? Oh, she fell for them at first sight.

Stray dogs were the only dogs she avoided at all costs. Although she did love to spend time with them if they weren't wild and suspicious. But stray dogs near the school?
Now that was equal to finding Susanna doing the laundry.

One would never find a spoiled, grimy or skinny stray dog hunting for food anywhere within a mile of this prestigious school. Very surreal. Maybe she could spend time with this one everyday. Although the idea was exciting, the way the unique Border Collie was staring back at her with fire in its eyes made her freeze.

Border Collie's usually were a combination of both black and white with their stop and muzzle being a line of white, while the rest of it was black. The one before her however, was very different. It's face was all white but the left side was covered in a patch of black fur. The patch came just a tad bit below it's eye but both its ears were black. It was gorgeous.

Without thinking she took a step forward.

It didn't move. Just kept looking as if assessing her. It stood strong looking her in the eyes daring her to take another step. She slowly bent her knee in the air slightly, not yet touching the ground but to come to its level without breaking eye contact and moved closer.

This is the most she had ever done for a dog that did not welcome her. Usually she was happy loving them from a distance like an unrequited lover, but something about him drew her closer.

She was intrigued as she was intimidated and was not in control at the moment.

But the second he bared his teeth, she understood he was out of his comfort zone. Now, he was being pushed and her time was up. Not wanting to scare him further she took a step back and looked at him, as he looked at her.

"I'll see you later then, Patch."

Checking her bike again and now taking her bag, she walked out of the parking lot.

The parking lot was behind the school grounds and one had two options once out. The right led to the school and the left to the garden.

She did not see why anyone would want to take the right.

Knowing April would be hanging around their spot with the rest of the group, she made her way to the small tree under which she had completed multiple over due projects with April and Jade scolding her while the others were busy either making fun and laughing or trying to disturb her which mostly, always ended in a fight. They were like real siblings, all of them.

The past year she had avoided even the mere thought of them because she knew she could not bear it, and now meeting them felt like it was too good to be true.

"Man, last night's party was something."

Party? And as the speaker sounded like they had enjoyed it, it was obviously April.

"Uhh, yeah I guess." Now that was surely Jade.

"Hey, don't be looking so down. If Roman or Jaron catch you looking like that, they'll make sure this won't happen next year."

"Kind of what I wanted."

"You traitor!" April gasps.

"What? You know its different now. This was the first time we've done it without her and it was so weird." Jade says, elongating the 'so'.