May/June 2020: Introduction

Here we are, finally, the inaugural edition of the Avant-Pop Literary Magazine!

I must say, when I first announced this project and an issue to be released by the end of May, I thought I was being foolishly ambitious. With barely one month of our profile's existence behind, and 30+ followers, I couldn't expect big things for sure.

But boy, was I ever proven wrong! Thanks to all these amazing authors who loved the opportunity to be featured on this issue, we have an incredible lineup for this month. We have five exclusive interviews, a short story, a poem, and an essay. It doesn't get any better than that for the first edition.

I've been so happy throughout this month with the positivity and engagement of readers and writers, and the amount of interest shown in our profile and our goals. I'm happy to read that some people have found a new home in Avant-Pop, and amazing authors have discovered each other thanks to our reading lists.

Thanks to this, we have also been able to launch our first contest in collaboration with our sister profiles: TheWarriorGoddess , CommunityInteractive and SeaOfPositivity . Check them out if you wish, they're pretty awesome profiles made by pretty awesome people!

At the time of my writing this, our contest, 'Welcome to the World' is still open, with the closing date being May 30, 2020. If you haven't checked it out yet, now is the time.

That being said, welcome everyone to issue #1 of the Avant-Pop Literary Magazine! We hope you enjoy your stay. If you have feedback of any kind, do leave a comment. And remember, support your fellow authors!