Chapter 13 - Intoxicating

- Kore -

It is early morning in the small lovely town of Kore. The sun was shining bright against the whisky clouds. It was a lovely day, really. It was also a day full of events. Good, bad, it was all just too much.

In a small hotel room lie three Fairytail wizards. A salmon haired mage was packing his bag while his cat companion gobbled on fish. An animal takeover mage sat on the bed, bouncing up and down, waiting to leave.

"Natsu~! Come on! Hurry up and let's go!" The girl complained. She was starting to get on the two's last nerves.

"Hang on... okay I'm done. Happy, let's go!"

"Aye sir!" The exceed said. He then sat on top of the man's head. They began to walk to the door when Natsu suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong Natsu?" The cat asked. The man sniffed the air like a dog and walked around the room. The scent was back, but it was stronger this time. He felt like the scent was so close to him yet he couldn't track it down. That was until he looked up.

"Happy...why do you smell like that?"

"W-what? Smell like what?"

"That scent from yesterday is now on you. And it wasn't you who had it yesterday. So why do you have it now?"

"I-I don't know what you mean."

"Happy...I'm not playing any games today. What did you do? Where did you go?" Then, something clicked in the man's brain.

"Where's Lucy?"

The room was beyond quiet. The cat mentally shook and the white haired girl was annoyed.

"Natsu. You know she left a while ago. Why can't you let it go?"

"Happy, I'm going to ask one more time. Where. Is. Lucy?" The man said demanding a response from the cat. The cat was scared beyond soul and couldn't move. The man had enough and left the hotel. The other two chased him and ran after the mage. They watched as the salmon haired man wandered around the streets sniffing the air.

Using the time as a distraction, the blue cat zoomed through the same forest as the night before. He searched for the couple that spent their night in the forest. When he saw a flash of a red tent, he didn't hesitate to wake up the couple.

"Lushee! You have to get up now! Natsu knows your here and he's tracking you down." The couple woke up and sat there processing the moment. Then, the pair ran out of the tent and hurriedly packed their stuff. Then the couple ran to their house. Happy tried his best to cover up the scent at the camping grounds, but he just made the scent on him stronger. After the couple had ran off to their home, Happy zoomed back to the fire mage.

The fire mage looked at the direction the cat came from and ran his way into that direction. Ignoring all the shouts from the white haired girl, he soon found his way into a forest. It had a decent clearing. It also had that same scent but stronger. He followed that scent outside the forest and ran off again. This time, he ended at an apartment complex. He sniffed the air one more time and ran to a door. He knocked on it and was met with the same brunette he sniffed yesterday.

"Oh. It's you again. Can I help you?" The man asked. The pinkette looked confused as to why he always saw this man. And then, a thought was brought to his attention. Why does he smell like Luce? Natsu just stood there confused yet hurt that his nose deceived him. The brunette looked at the blue cat that landed on Natsu's head. Without getting any notice from the dragon slayer, the man winked at the exceed. The exceed winked back.

"Ah no sorry. I just... I... have a nice day." The pinkette waved the stranger bye. He walked off and stared at the sky. Why is it so hard for me to let you go, Luce?

- Before, but in a forest -

The woods this morning was peaceful and quiet. The birds were happily chirping and the wind created pleasing sounds.

In the woods was a tent. The tent had sleeping mages. A blonde was tightly secured by the larger brunette. Both were at peace.

"Lushee! You have to get up now! Natsu knows your here and he's tracking you down." The couple woke up. Confused, the man looked out the tent. Then, realization struck the couple they hurriedly packed their belongings. The cat started flying around the area in attempt to buffer the dragon slayer.

The two ran off to their home. When they got in, they put up the items and the blonde rushed straight into her bedroom. The brunette changed his clothes and tried to look as normal as possible. Soon, there was a knock at the door. The brunette opened the door, knowing who the person on the other side was. He came face to face with the man from yesterday, a white haired girl, and the blue cat. Ross spoke up first.

"Oh. It's you again. Can I help you?" He asked. He held in a laugh as he saw the pink man grow confused. He looked up at his head, made eye contact with the blue cat, and winked. The feline returned the gesture. He waited for the fire mage to respond.

"Ah no. I just... I... have a nice day." The pink haired man said as he waved the brunette a goodbye. The man returned the wave, watching the group disappear in the streets. He closed the door and yelled to the girl.

"Lucy! They're gone! You can come out now!" The man got no response.

"Lucy?" Again, no response. He walked to her door and knocked softly.

"I'm comin' in." Ross walked in her room to find her staring outside her window.

"Hey...you okay?" He gently asked her. A sniffle was heard and the girl turned around. Her face was wet with tears. The man walked towards the girl and wrapped his arms around her. The girl cried into his chest and sobbed. He petted her head and comforted her. The girl's sobs were quitting down yet the pain was still there.

"Why? Why does he show up now?" The girl questioned. The man just stood still. The girl then hugged the man tighter. They stayed in that position for a while. Soon they thought it was time to train once more. Train to make her stronger and her great to forget.