Horoscope

I miss school! Well.. not exactly the place, nor my job, not even the perks of getting funds every payday. I mean, I miss all of that, but among everything else, I miss the attention I'm getting. The director trusts me, my co-teachers say they were inspired by me and the students act like a huge fanclub whenever I walk pass the hallway. Needless to say, I was popular. They often compare me to the famous Thai actor Nadech. I am not fond of watching tv series but I'm pretty sure I can act better, although I have no plans to be an actor so forget that. But curiosity got the best of me and I finally stalked his IG. That led me to discovering something about me that I find quite interesting.

I was turned on. His clean-shaven face with a perfectly chiseled jawline, luscious lips that makes me wanna drink alcohol even in the morning, his lustful smile that's like tempting me to get rid off my clothes and spread my legs wide open on my bed. Ah! Yes, I imagined myself making love to  him. A man can dream you know? Even the impossible.

The closest thing I'd ever get to that sexual fantasy of mine is if I agreed to my co-teacher asking me for a one-night stand, but  I am not sure if I'll ever do that just for fun. Worse, he was a ladyboy, and I don't think I'll like that. The thought of me bending over excites me more. Ah, so much for my dirty thoughts.

Like I said, I was very popular that even students are sending me text messages even on lockdown. Most of them were teenage girls that send their cute selfies with a “take care always” and “I miss you” caption. Sometimes, I’d just reply them with a “thanks” but more often than not, a heart reaction is enough. I can’t help it, they’re just not my type, and I have a profession to care about. Although… if anyone from the football team approach me… especially the guy named Champ..

Ah! No. I’d never get a chance cos there’s this kid who’s always with him and they’re so sweet with each other. I guess it’s safe to say he was his boyfriend. I’m jealous and annoyed at the same time. When will I ever find my own boyfriend? Guess I was that desperate that I’m even reading this free horoscope online.

LIBRA: It’s the best day to find your true love today. Take a rest from lurking on your crushes’ profile and meet someone from the real world. Step out of your comfort zone. You’ll never know what’s more exciting if you do not try. Lucky number: 18, Lucky Color: Red, Lucky Day: Today

Wow, this sounds like the psychic whoever she is knows me personally. Step out of my comfort zone? Well, my comfort zone is basically just school and my apartment. Should I quit my job? Or just go out of the house? The latter sounds easier. Besides, I’m already out of my comfort zone if it pertains to school cos it’s been two months without classes.

I went out to catch a breath of fresh air, somehow still thinking of my horoscope. That’s when I caught a glimpse of someone wearing a red jersey with the number 18 on the window of the house in front of me. My faith in horoscopes is revived. I am feeling lucky! I couldn’t be mistaken, it was Champ, could he really be the one?

I was waiting for him to notice me but he then shouted at someone below him. “Don’t forget my ice cream!” I followed his stare and saw the kid walking out of the house. The one I’m assuming to be his boyfriend.. wait. What? Are they living together? Being the curious guy I was, I followed him secretly until he went inside a convenience store. Maybe they were brothers. What if I just ask him? I do not see anything wrong with that? If Champ was really my soulmate, I can even quit my job.

“Get out of your comfort zone”

It wasn’t too long until the kid noticed me. “K-khun Dew,  sawadee khap.” The kid smiled at me awkwardly like he already knows I’m about to steal his husband.

“Hello. You look familiar. Are you in my class? What is your name again?”Ofcourse I should pretend like I don’t know him.  

“I’m Blue. Oh, I’m not in your class. My brother is.”

My hope is soaring with flying colors. I tried not to smile before I ask him again, “Who’s your brother?”

“Saifah.”

Just like that, my hopes dropped down in grey. “Oh, Saifah. The tall guy who’s also part of the music club.”

“Yes! Actually, my cousin Champ is also in your class. We’re closer than my own brother”

My eyes went wide as he mentioned those words that led me to seeing that he’s wearing a RED bull shirt while he’s picking four pieces of ice cream with a huge pricetag of 18 baht each. He gave me this cute smile of him and I couldn’t help but smile back even if I’m annoyed because all of a sudden, my horoscope just brought me more confusion.

I want a husband not a wife!

“What are you buying?”

I noticed I haven’t brought anything with me and I’m already on the counter so I picked one box from the nearest shelf just so I can pretend I’ve no other intentions rather than buying this…

DUREX???

The cashier punched the item and I have no choice but to pay. I can hear Blue chuckling at the back. I faked a cough and turned to him.

“Are you heading back?"

“Yes, we can go back together.”

I hid the condoms on my back pocket and try not to talk about it but this kid seems to be more curious than me.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

No, but I need a boyfriend. Ugh.

“Why are you asking?”

“Well, I saw you bought that… um..”

I’m already annoyed so I did not answer him. He must be feeling the awkwardness that he decided to give me one of his ice cream.

“How about you?”

“I bought four anyway. One for P’Saifah, one for P’Champ, one for me and one for you. Equally divided.” He gave me that suspicious smile before adding.. “Why buy so many?”

Alai wa… he's really teasing me huh?

“I’m sorry.. it’s just that I haven’t seen anyone entered your house. And you don’t really go out if it’s not for school.”

Why does he know so much? Is he stalking me? Then I guess I’d play along..

“It’s for my collection.”

Blue giggled. “A collection of condoms?”

I smirked. “Well yeah, some people have weird hobbies you know.”

“Hmm.. I guess you’re right. Like how I keep a collection of your photos.”

The kid took a step forward and gave me a smile before walking away. I noticed my jaw has dropped before I ran towards him almost shouting.

"Hey! What was your name again?"

He stopped without turning his back.

"I'm Blue." 

Prepare yourself for surprises, my horoscope said. I will never know what's more exciting if I do not try.

Maybe, I'm not made to be someone's wife after all.