Online

I don't like this feeling at all. Everytime I wake up and look out at my window, I'm afraid I'll find that kid looking at me. He doesn't look like a stalker, but that confession about keeping a collection of my photos still sound creepy.

It's been a week and I haven't been out of my apartment yet. It's a good thing I receive lots of snacks and just
about any food items when I was at school. I don't really like eating them while they were watching. Some may get jealous, and I don't like students fighting over me.

Before my confidence reach the skies, I heard my phone ring. It was the school director. I hurriedly answered
expecting she'd discuss the re-opening of classes, and a salary raise, perhaps.

"Hello Miss Mae, good morning"

"Good morning Dew, well I guess you already know the reason for this call, right? Since we don't have any assurance when this pandemic will end, school's transitioning to new normal, and I need bright people like
you to encourage students to still do their best even in online classes."

I don't know why she still needs to tell this when I'm sure she was just reading the announcement she made on the school faculty page, word per word.

"Since you inspire a lot of students, the school board decided that you get promoted as the adviser for incoming freshman students. Congratulations Dew!"

And that's all I needed to hear. "Thank you Miss Mae!"

"You deserve it. I'll send you the online schedule later."

I can't get over my happiness that I needed to expose my pretty face in the sun and feel my luck. A promotion
in this kind of situation uplifts my selfish soul. In less than a year, I'm promoted as an adviser!

*Click*

"Shiaaa---"

Too late. It feels like an ambush. I saw Blue smiling at me from their balcony. I rolled my eyes before closing the window blinds. I quickly ran to the mirror and examined my face. I haven't even washed it. But why should I worry though? If he's disappointed in what he saw, maybe he'll stop stalking me, and that's what I wanted, right?

*new message*

ONLINE CLASS SCHEDULE: MWF 2-5 PM **********
Class introduction tonight at 7 PM. ********

Cool, at least I'm getting the chance to see Champ again. Even if we only end up together on my imagination. Sighs.

Unexpectedly, I was the first to log in on the online class meeting without the bunch of my fangirls waiting for me. Did they forget about their dream guy? Sigh.. I was disappointed.

After a couple of minutes, a number of students joined in and I feel lost cos I can't recognize any of them. Is this the right class? I left a message telling them to wait for a minute cos I needed to call the director for clarification.

Before I dial her number, I realized it's a fresh school year and the students I'm meeting are the new first year students. Why do I have to be handsome but stupid?

I returned on my monitor just to see a familiar face with a smile I can't forget. Blue.

Fortunately, like any other new students, Blue introduced himself in a way like we are meeting each other for the first time. After discussing the schedule and class topics for the next meeting, I let my students leave the meeting first. All but one.

"Why are you still here?

Blue smiled at the monitor that made me feel so weird again.

"Teacher.. is this recorded?"

The school director told us to save a copy of online  discussions but since this is just the class introduction, nope it's not recorded. But if I tell him otherwise...

"Y-yes. Why?"

He chuckled.

"You're lying."

I bat an eyelash.

"You're telling your teacher he's lying? How rude."

"I didn't expect you'll be my adviser."

"I just got promoted."

"Wow, congratulations teacher!"

"You can call me-"

"P'Dew?"

I kind of like how it sounds. I feel the hotness on my face. Am I getting a fever or I'm just really hot "hot".

"P'Dew?"

"Err-- yeah, but only when no one's listening."

Blue smiled wider than I have ever seen. I noticed I was smiling too. Until I heard someone fake a cough.

And that's neither mine nor Blue's.

There was still someone in the meeting, the video was turned off and I feel 100% stupider for not noticing it.

-------ZOL------

I gasped in disbelief as I slammed my laptop shut. I am not sure what will happen on our next class. Will I expect another call from the school director? Why am I feeling this way? Will I get fired?

My thoughts were stopped by a soft knock on my door. So soft I can barely hear it. Until he speaks.

"P'Dew..."

I nervously opened the door and saw Blue's worried face, I just realized he's cute like that. But I do not think he's okay. Well, why would he be? Our conversation might cause rumors. To think I just got promoted.

The toll is heavier on me. But I don't like seeing him like this either.

"Come in."

"Um, teacher why do you have to end the call?

What? Alright, I see he's still a kid and he may not understand the consequences of these rumors yet.

"I'm just protecting my reputation as a teacher."

And I want to protect you too.

Blue pouted like a normal kid would.

"But it's just Zol. And you never really said anything that will harm anyone, right?"

"Yes, but... I allowed you to call me...

"P'Dew?"

Oh my, there he goes again. This is not just me being hot anymore. This is me getting...

"P'Dew..."

I am glad he was not looking at me, or else he would see my cheek flushed in pink. He was staring somewhere else intently.

"What is it?"

He's trying to control his laughter.

"Can I see your collection?"