Chapter 3

Bukky’s POV: New school, new rules, new people, new but broken me.

The rest of the class passed by in a blur, Bukky didn’t understand what was going on, she knew she needed answers and ‘Tito’ will provide them.

During break, Florence walked to Bukky seat “Hi” she said

“Hello” Bukky replied

“I’m Florence and I’ll be a tour guide, if you’re not doing anything now, I’ll like for us to get started” Florence told Bukky.

“Can’t we do that after I come back from the Principal’s office? she asked me to come see her” Bukky told Florence.

“Okay, I’ll be excepting you after as long as it won’t take long” Florence answered, them she turned to leave but stopped when Bukky started talking “Hmmn, can you point me to the Principal’s office?” Bukky asked 
“Okayyy, come with me” Florence answered with a warm smile, Bukky got up from her sit and followed Florence.

On their way to the Principal’s office, Florence tried to describe some places to Bukky while making some crazy jokes which made them both laughed softly, Florence was greeted by almost everybody. Bukky had to comment “Wow, you’re really popular”
Florence laughed “Not really, but yes. I’m the vice-president of the school’s writing club and nothing happens in the school without my knowledge”
“Really?” Bukky asked, Bukky wondered if she knew what might have happened between her brother, the unknown writer of the note and Toby. It might seem crazy but she’s was having a bad feeling about the note since when she read it.

“Yessss, girl all you have to do is ask” Florence answered “We’re here, I’ll wait for you at the reception while you go inside and do your business but if you spend more than ten minutes, I’ll leave because I don’t joke with my stomach and I’m really hungry. If you don’t meet me after ten minutes, just get anyone to lead you to the cafeteria, I’ll be there”
Okay was all Bukky can say because Florence was talking to fast, it was obvious she was already hungry.

The principal’s office was warm, spacious and very awkward for Bukky, she was sitting on the visitor’s chair, while the Principal scanned her just as she had that morning. After a few minutes, she placed a sheet of paper on the table opposite Bukky and she started taking “Will you explain to me what happened there?”

Bukky picked up the paper and it was her last report card from her last school, she looked up but before she could react the Principal continued more softly this time “I talked to Principal of the last school you attended, I was told you were one of their best students” The Principal signed, she left her seat and walked towards Bukky, she placed her hands on her shoulder “I don’t understand what you’re going through but I have also lost someone dear to so from now on, once a week, you will be seeing the school’s counselor”

“But!” Bukky attempted to protest
“I’m not finished. You will be having the school’s breakfast, it’s not mandatory but for you. It is! Who did your teacher hand you over to?” The Principal asked
“A girl called Florence”
“Yes, Miss Dikko, she will explain what the school’s breakfast is to you and she’ll guide you to the Counselor’s office and I do not want to hear that you missed any of your appointments or your breakfast” Principal declared “You may go now, but come back to see my secretary to see if any of the uniforms sizes you” She tapped Bukky’s shoulder “It’s going to be alright, okay?”
“Yes ma, thankyou ma” Bukky stood up and she left the office but she sincerely wished it was alright.

Florence was about to leave the secretary’s office when Bukky came out “Thank God you’re out” She waked towards Bukky and pulled her to follow her rather forcefully and quickly and she continued “If you have stayed another minute, you wouldn’t have met me here”
“What’s the urgency?” Bukky asked
“My stomach, that’s what” Florence answered.
In the cafeteria, Bukky waited while Florence went to get her food, then the Bukky’s knight and two other boys came to her seat and they sat down.