Chapter 21

Toby's POV:  felt the date was getting boring, so I tried changing topics. I asked Bukky about her siblings. At least as a diversion, I just spoilt everything. “I had a brother, he died...”
“Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. May I ask how?” “he died” Bukky answered. I had to find another topic to talk on.

Bukky’s phone rang, the caller was Florence.

“Hello?” Bukky said, picking up the phone.

“Where are you, I’m outside your house?” Florence replied over the phone.

“I was at Toby’s, I’m on my way I should be there in... -how many minutes before we get home sir”? Bukky asked her driver.

“ten minute tops” the driver answered.

“In ten minutes Florence Is it an emergency?” Bukky asked.

“I have vital information Bukky I can’t keep calm I have to see you now” Florence said hurriedly.

“Okay, I’ll see you in 9.45 seconds then” Bukky replied before hanging up.

After about three minutes, Bukky realized she has never asked the driver where he was when Banky died so she asked.

“Sir, may I ask you a question?” Bukky shifted uncomfortably in her seat

“Mr. Ruben, that’s my name and you can ask me anything as long as I can provide the answers to them” Ruben answered while driving.

“Okay sir, so Mr. Ruben I have been meaning to ask you this, where were you the night I Bankole left us?” Bukky asked and Ruben sighed.

“Bankole” he sighed “I was at home, I was off duty” Ruben answered.

“Have you ever drove to the area where they found the um God…… I mean the body?” Bukky said difficultly, she didn’t want to refer to Banky as a body.

“No, I have never drove him to that area or any where related to it, I’m surprised when I heard about it too. Your brother doesn’t have friends except the ones in school” Ruben answered.

“I see... Thank you” Bukky replied.

After about five minutes, their car arrived at Bukky’s house where a very anxious Florence was waiting outside Bukky’s gate, pacing up and down. Bukky got out of the car outside their gate and the Ruben drove the car inside the compound
.
Florence dragged Bukky besides her car “I have been waiting for almost fifteen minutes. FIFTEEN MINUTES!” Florence barked

“Sorry okay, why are you getting mad at me it’s just five-minute difference. And why are you so worked up?” Bukky replied.

“Because I found something” Florence slowed down “and you were right Bukky” Florence gave Bukky her phone, there was a blurred picture of two people on it

“I went back to the pharmacy, I heard the CCTV had a glitch that night the incident happened so the owner removed so they can fix it the next day” Florence went on.

“That explains why the police report had no CCTV records, how did you get this?” Bukky asked while still looking at the pictures.

“The owner’s son was easy to talk to, since the camera was bad, the only information he can extract was this picture, it was screenshotted from the Only video existing. He claimed they didn’t delete it because they thought the police might come back for it” Florence explained.

“But I can't make their faces with this blurry pictures” Bukky zoomed in the picture very well.

“Don’t worry about their face, look at their cloths” Florence told her and Bukky zoomed in the pictures, then it hit her.