Chapter 22

Bumola's Pov: you're a failure

“It should have been you” Bukky felt her arms going numb the moment Bumola said those words to her, she let go of her mother and the maid took Bumola upstairs. All Bukky could do was watch as her mother ascended the stairs, tears rolled down her eyes. It came as a disbelief to her.

Her phone beeped, she took up the phone, she had two text messages, one from Toby asking her if she got home safety and the other from Florence about the plan, that alone snapped Bukky out of her shock state.
As she went up to her room, she replied Toby that she made it home safe and sound and replied Florence as well.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Shola went straight to her room when she got home, she had started having second thoughts about using Kels to make Toby jealous, not because she grew a conscience but because of Kel’s Nene or Nana, Kel’s grandmother was too forward, she was asking Shola a lot of question for first meeting, Shola felt like she was marrying Kels even Kels was embarrassed on her behalf, she even invited Shola to dinner.
Shola couldn’t say no, why? Because it would be rude and also Debby’s parents were there so if she said no. Debby’s parent might give Debby a restraining order so she won’t hang out with her. Debby was not the cause of the he problem she has with her parents afterall.

The dinner was awkward, Kel’s Nene asked her a lot of questions, Shola couldn’t remember the last time she had struggled to keep a conversation this much, meanwhile Kels ate his food in silence, ignoring both Shola and his grandma, Shola wished she could be like him that moment, she wished she could shut out the world like Kels.

Shola laid on her bed so tired that she didn’t know when she dozed off into the blurry world of meqningless dreams.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

There was a knock on Shola’s door, then another knock, then the door hinged, the person had let him or herself in. Shola woke up and sat up in annoyance - Who bangs into anyones room without permission - but she came face to face with her house maid, a woman in her mid-thirties wearing the maid uniform which Shola forced everyone of their personal maids to wear. She looked very surprised.

“Madam, you no go school today? (Madam, won’t you go to school today?)” the housemaid asked stunned.

“What?” Shola frowned until she picked her phone and the time said 7:31 am, she overslept and she was late already! “Jesus!” She screamed “I’m late, why didn’t you wake me” Shola lamented as she rushed to the bathroom, while her house maid looked at her struggling with everything like an uncoordinated fellow. 'Serves you right'  The maid thought within herself.

“I don wake you like that yesterday or last week (I’ve never done that before, why start now?)” the house maid murmured to herself because if Shola heard what she said she was in serious trouble, she just left the room to give ‘Madam Shola’ all the privacy she deserves.

In less than fifteen minutes, Shola was rushing down the stairs in her school uniform dashing outside to her car, commanding the driver to drive to school as fast as he could.

Since she didn’t have time to apply makeup properly, she settled for something light in the car, she applied her foundation and powder, she decided to use a nude lipstick, she was so busy concentrating on her makeup that she didn’t notice that her phone had been burning up due to calls and messages.

The ride to school was thankfully fast but that didn’t stop Shola for being late, she dashed from her car straight to the classroom, she noticed that the school was littered but getting to class was her main concern, when she got to the class entrance she stopped to catch her breath, she was never to be caught unfresh. She brought out a dark glass from her bag to cover up the swollen bags under her eyes, she planned to tell the teacher that she was a little sick that morning.