The Medicine Cat's Code

The second set of laws cats follow in the Land's Star is the Medicine Cat's Code. Unlike the previous Code, this one is only followed by cats sworn to heal their clanmates and speak with Starclan. Healers, or medicine cats as they're more commonly referred to, are outside the bounds that most clan cats are held under. They are ruled by their ancestors in Starclan, and by Starclan alone. In the system of the Land's Star, they even outrank clan leaders. And so, a specific set of laws have been set in place just for them.

The Medicine Cat's Code is as followed:

-To become a medicine cat, one must choose to be one. No cat can be forced into the position.

-When an apprentice is made, they must be taken to the Moon Cavern on the next Half moon to be introduced to StarClan. Here, their mentor will present them before their ancestors and await to hear if they approve of this new apprentice. Only after StarClan has spoken their approval can a cat be considered an official medicine cat apprentice.

-Medicine cats may take on a mate. They may also have kits, but only if they have a fully trained apprentice to take their place when they become a queen. If a medicine cat has kits before having a successor, the kits must be given away to live as kittypets as punishment, or the kits/medicine cat will be doomed to face a terrible fate. Through it all, Starclan and healing must remain their top priority

-No clan cat is to be denied treatment, even if they are considered a traitor or have done something terrible. Only StarClan can decide if a cat is unworthy of healing

-A medicine cat shares dreams only with StarClan.

-A medicine cat may only discuss dreams, prophecies, etc. with their leader or other medicine cats at the monthly meeting; dreams of an otherwise prophetic nature should not be disclosed to any outside parties, or any other cats in the Clan by the medicine cat. However once the information is given to the leader, this information is now in their paws and they can do as they see fit with it.

-A medicine cat has the authority to overthrow a corrupt leader. If the deputy is not a worthy successor, the medicine cat must wait for a sign from StarClan to see who the next leader should be; meanwhile they must take on the responsibility themself

-Cats have a right to confidentiality. Any medical problems discussed with a medicine cat are to be kept secret among only the medicine cat(s) in that clan and the cat who has discussed this

-A medicine cat is obligated to help other medicine cats no matter what, as they are exempt from clan rivalries. No cat can object to this.

There is one unofficial rule medicine cats must abide by that has not been added to the Code due to the rarity of a situation like this. That rule being:
If both a leader and deputy of a clan die without either having a successor (like what happened to Shadowclan in the canon books) the clan's main/most senior medicine cat becomes leader. This only happens if the medicine cat has an apprentice, fully trained or not. If the apprentice is not fully trained the Medicine Cat Turned Leader will continue their training until they have earned their name.