02

six months later...

---

kim stares intently at the invitation card handed to her. there's a big "conan and hongyok nuptial" in front of it. she smiles, eyeing the couple across the table.

"wow. you're finally tying the knot?"

"it's about time," says conan, turning aside to look at her fiancée. "i don't see any reason now why i shouldn't marry this beautiful person here."

"sweet-talker," says hongyok, playfully nudging conan. "i was close to thinking you don't have plans of proposing."

"oh, c'mon. you knew i always wanted to marry you. i just couldn't get on with the plan because i was too busy with sau."

hongyok rolls her eyes. "took you a long time to act on it. if you hadn't proposed anytime sooner, i'd break up with you."

kim smiles at the couple, somewhat envying them for making it through all the hardships. she witnessed how conan was so eager to see her girlfriend every vacation and she felt hongyok's patience waiting for her girlfriend to come home to her.

although there's a bit of jealousy inside of her, she's happy these two are finally walking down the aisle.

"that's rude." conan puts a hand to his chest, feigning hurt.

"i was just kidding!" hongyok holds conan's hand. "look i know it took you a bit of time because you and kim are busy. the endorsements you got after your dismissal from sau are just enormous. if you hadn't proposed sooner i would have proposed to you first instead. i was just waiting to make sure you have fully adjusted to your new life before i pop the question. but i didn't want to wait long either as i know many people would want to steal my girl now that she's a celebrity."

"we're not on that level," says conan. "the fees we're getting from those endorsements will help us get a living once fame dies out. we know this status isn't something permanent. we're taking the opportunities while they are here right in front of our faces. right, kim?"

kim nods. "that's why we've hired advisors to manage our finances and investments. wouldn't want to go broke once we're old. we want to take our mind off things and focus on more important matters, like your wedding."

conan looks at hongyok. "you need to tell kim about that."

"ahh. that. you're right." hongyok clears her throat and turns to kim. "umm. we, uh, we invited her too."

"her?" kim contemplates for a moment. "suzy?"

"no. the other woman in your life."

"oh." kim reclines back on her chair when it finally clicks in her head. "with her family, i suppose?"

hongyok nods. "along with her mom and jane. i hope you're fine with that."

the last words hongyok said didn't register as kim's already trapped in the thought she will see 'her' again.

how long has it been? two years. their last talk broke them both. will it be the same this time? or has 'she' moved on now?

because, although trying, kim's sure she's stuck in the same place til now.

hongyok's hand waves in front of her face. "kim?"

kim blinks. "ah. yeah. well, it's your wedding. you can invite anyone you like. they are your friends too."

"are you sure?" conan asks. "we're worried it may ruin your mood. we want you to enjoy the event too."

"don't worry about me. i'll be fine." kim flashes the sincerest smile she could. "it's your day. do whatever you like. i'll be there to support you both."