Chapter 28.

Scarlett POV

I walked up to the grave and placed the flowers down onto the black marble stone, I pulled out the black cloth and wiped the dust off his name and smiled down at the photo that Angelo and Constant picked out, he looked truly happy in it. The side of his eyes crinkled, his teeth shined, and his eyes looked bright.

I felt arms wrap around me making me sigh in comfort "I miss him," I whispered as Angelo hums in agreement.

"He was a good person," he muttered, I felt tears fall onto my shoulder making my breath hitch "I miss him every day," he added in a broken whisper.

"Il Mio Sole! We have to go, your mother has lost the kids in your house," my father shouts making both Angelo and I laugh before turning back towards the grave, I leaned over placing a kiss to the stone and whispering quietly.

"Dimitrio Fernandez, you will forever be my best friend," I muttered before turning my gaze to Angelo who looked at the sky with tears running down his face before they flow down his neck, standing straight I walk up to him and place soft kisses to the wet trails.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the grave before we slipped into the car, my mind goes back to the scene almost twelve years ago.

I woke up needed to go to the bathroom so I did my business before leaving the room giving both Dimitrio and Constantino their time to visit their friend, only when I returned I was faced with a tear stricken Angelo and a angry Constantino. Confused I asked them what happened but they couldn't bring themselves to say a word.

I walked out of the room in search of my brothers only to slam into a hard chest, I mumbled a quick sorry to the person but they held me tightly making me confused. I looked up and stared at my father who smiled down at me.

"Papa?" I mumbled making him nod, I let out a cry of joy catching the attention of my brothers who stared just as shocked "How? Who?" I whispered, my father, looked away from me before he hands me Dimitrio's varsity jacket "No," I whispered.

I pushed past him and ran to the doctor who was looking after Angelo and demanded that he take me down to the morgue and show me the person he used, he sighs before nodding we walked in a tense silence that could have been cut with a chain saw.

When we made it to the morgue he pulled out the body and removed the sheet showing me that it was in fact Dimitrio, I cried as I held onto his purple body. I wailed his name and clenched onto him, I looked up at the doctor who looked away with sympathy.

"He told me to give this to you," the doc whispered before leaving me for a few minutes to mourn over my dead best friend, I took the note and opened it, the tears never stopped as I flicked my eyes over his neat writing.

My sweetest Porkie.

I gave a silently laugh at the nickname I gave him and Constant.

I want you to know I made this choice purely out of love for both you and Angelo. I love you like a little sister that I never had, I love him like the older brother he always has been that is why I have done what I have. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I watched you suffer threw life without Angelo or without your father, but I know you can make it without me.

I want you to live a long and happy life, I will always be with you whether it be shooting someone for pissing you off, or whether it be you running after the beautiful baby you are going to have.

I will be there cheering you on Porkie.

But my dearest Porkie I don't want you to grieve my death, I want you to celebrate it, throw me the biggest party you can, I want you to remember me as the hero to your story, I want you to remember me as the big brother that never gave up on you, I want you to always smile, to always laugh that maniac laugh of yours, and most importantly I want you to love as though you have never loved before.

  I will be with you from dusk till dawn, I'll hold you spiritually when the things go wrong because you are never alone, you never were. Also, I want one of your kids to lead a great life in my name okay Porkie.

Your best friend Dimitrio, I love you.

I cried for hours on end as I stared at the note, the doctor had told both Angelo and Constant that I was with Dimitrio so they came down to get me only to cry by my side, I held the note out to Angelo who took it and read it over more time than I could count. I clutched Dimitrio's Varsity jacket to my chest taking in the scent that was left on it as well as letting the tears soak it.

I watch Angelo as he walked to Dimitrio's body with tears running down his face "Hasta que nos encontremos de nuevo hermano," He whispered pressing a kiss to Dimitrio's forehead.

Angelo let out a sob as he covered up Dimitrio and stepped away. *Until we meet again brother*

"Volar Alto hermano," Constant mumbled his voice was raspy and harsh making me stand and rush over to him, he pulled me in and we cried together. *Fly high brother*

We made it back home in no time and my mother looked stressed making me laugh "Come on ma, go back outside I'll find them," I chuckled before I pulled a packet of cookies from the selves.

"Oh, look what momma has, some of the sweetest most choclatest cookies," I smiled "I wonder if Dimitrio and Alessia want any," I giggled as I heard the sounds of my kid's feet pounding against the wooden floors.

"Oh yes momma," they both squealed making me smile, I bent down and squatted so I was eye level with my twins. I smiled as I take in their feature, Dimitrio had black inky hair with curls that bounced whenever he walked, lightening grey eyes with brown specks, and olive skin. He looked so much like his father and a little bit like his uncle Dimitrio, I hand him a cookie before running my hand down his face and kissing his cheek letting him go.

I turned my gaze to an impatient Alessia, she had black hair with little brown strikes running through it, her hair was a curly mop just like her brothers, her eyes were a hazel brown with grey flecks in them and beige skin. Grinning I kissed her head making the girl giggle before I pass her a cookie and watch as she runs out into the back yard.

I did as Dimitrio asked, I'm living a long and happy life with my family and friends, there isn't a day that goes by where we aren't all thinking about him, today is the twelfth anniversary of his death and like always we are celebrating just like he would have wanted.

Walking to the back yard I laugh as Santino chases after his two twins as Boonie sits back in a chair running a hand over her swollen stomach as she smiles at the scene, Constant and his wife Malissa is laugh together as he and my father cook at the BBQ, Monte and Chase are cuddled up by the fire, and Vitale looks as if he wants to murder his son who pushed him into the pool while Angelo is off to the side laughing and talking with my mom as they point at Vitale who is now chasing after Mattia.

There was a beam of light shining down on everyone making me smile "We miss you Dimitrio," I whispered only to feel a small gush of wind push me out the door I laugh before walking out and smiling at everyone.

"I miss you too Porkie" I hear a whisper making my breath hitch, I smile and look at the sunbeam with happiness.

You are with me from dusk til dawn.