-Introduction-

Years have passed. Many things have changed since then. Buildings, streets, shops, technology, and even a chocolate factory. Now runned by the one and only, Charlie Bucket. Willy Wonka has left his factory to Charlie, and has left us.
But right now, this is the story of an ordinary, poor little boy named Benjamin Walker. He was not faster, or stronger, nor clever than other children. He and his father, Mr. Walker, we're poor, not powerful, and didn't have a good connection. The young boy lived in a house that was in shambles, and his father was without a doubt the most cold hearted person in the world. If Benjamin spoke out or make a mistake, he would slap him across the face. When he was upset, he would beat him mercilessly, accuse him of everything he or himself did, starve him for days, leave him alone in the house for days while he was at work, and feed him the leftovers from his meals. He'd be fortunate if there was even a piece of bread left on his plate, assuming there was much food at all. They couldn't afford much food, and usually ate leek soup. Worst  than cabbage. What was worse than all of that, his father never told him he loved him, or gave him the attention he needed. Benjamin spent his entire childhood living all alone and no one ever bothered to help him. Benjamin Walker was the luckiest boy in the world, he just didn't know yet.

Benjamin waked to the front door of his home after spending all day at the streets, looking for any toys children threw in the rubbish when they got bored of them. He also looked for coins he could spend some sweets on since his father didn't give him an allowance. Before opening the handle, he dug in his white gloved hand into the pocket of his fluffy, black winter coat and looked at what he found today. A small teddy bear, a few dice and two coins. Every nik nak was a treasure to him. He put his things back in his pocket and opened the door. Once he arrived, his father greeted him in a harsh tone while reading the daily paper on the old couch chair.

"Took you long enough," he scoffed.

"I'm sorry, father," Ben said softly, afraid if he spoke in a louder voice he'd get slapped.

"Benjamin, speak up! I can barley hear you when you speak in that itty-wittle voice!" Mr. Walker roared and got up from the chair, coming closer to Benjamin and raised his hand. Benjamin flinched and turned his head away, shaking in fear.
His father sighed and lowered his hand.

"Just go upstairs, dinner will be ready soon,"

Benjamin looked up at him, surprised that he didn't hit him.

"Yes father." he said in a more audible voice. He walked upstairs, still in his winter clothing. He climbed up the latter to his attic/bedroom which just matched his size. He had some Wonka chocolate bar wrappings tapped to the wooden walls he got once a year. Charlie Bucket posters also filled the walls, he removed his coat, scarf and mittens and placed his new nik naks with all his other nik naks. However, he kept all his coins in a dented coin box he found. Benjamin had hoped one day he would have enough money to spent it on a Wonka bar again.

Charlie Bucket was his idol, and was the most famous and well working candy sellers in the world. He had followed Willy Wonka's footsteps after winning the tour when he invited 5 children to his factory. When Willy Wonka passed away, Charlie became the new chocolatier and continued to create all sorts of amazing candy. Little raspberry kites, with licorice instead of string, donut floats that you can use to swim and would never soak, lollipops that would change color and never get smaller when you licked them, gummy bears that would come to life, and all sorts of creative ideas.

After dinner, which was leek soup again. Benjamin settled down into his 'bed', basically a bunch of old mattress piled together. He lied down and pulled up the blanket up to his chin, he stared out the window which gave him a great view of the now bigger town. He gazed at the factory that was in the middle, smoke coming out from the big pipes.

'Charlie Bucket...some day I wish to meet you....and I wish to also find a new family." Benjamin thought. He turned off the lamp in his room, and his father turned off all the lights downstairs, leaving the whole house dark.

Benjamin rested his head on the pillow and looked out at the factory one last time, before shutting his eyes. He had no idea, tomorrow would change his life forever.