♧Thirteen♧

(A/N: Hello readers, author here. It's been a year now, happy late New Years!! 2022 already, well I sort of took an unannounced break from writing or posting for college but, you'd be glad to know I'm back to posting again. I'll be posting at least two chapters from one book ever week, it'll be an unplanned bonus if I do anymore than that, I'm slowly trying to get back into this so I can at least finish all the stories I have published including the oldest ones dating back to 2017 I do want them all completed- no strict deadlines just small steps until then.

Anyways, readers I hope you enjoy this chapter!! Leave a comment of any suggestions/queries you may have and vote! ;)))

***

"CHANYEOOOOOL!!!"

"YEOLLIE"

"PARK CHANYEOL! CHANYEOL!!!"

"Chanyeol... Why..?"

---

A week later.

Baekhyun was falling ill, Sehun was only lurking around from a distance not attending any classes while news of Chanyeol's jump had spread like wildfire. Everyone and anyone was talking about why he could've done it, what would possess Chanyeol to fall from some where so high? Was Chanyeol unhappy? It was anyone's guess to why he'd do it. He was very new transferred student, he only had people be kind to him so why? Why would someone like him need to take his life?

Not everyone got to know Chanyeol on a personal biases but his disappearance didn't seem like a suicide attempt to everyone, no the wolves did not believe someone like Chanyeol killed himself. Something in their cores, wolves and puppies saw Chanyeol's cheer it didn't click. Especially to one.

"What's the matter?" Baekhyun croaked out from his sore dry throat, his best friend Jongdae looked at him pitifully, normally it was hard to shut him up but seeing him silent made Baekhyun nervous.

Baekhyun sat up from his resting place "what's wrong? Jongdae, you can tell me?" He tried to reassure him.

"The thing is Baekhyun-" Jongdae sighed, "I dug deep into Chanyeol's belongings... This isn't the first time he's put himself in danger and it might not be the last of it." 

He handed over a small note book, "I believe this is Chanyeol's dairy, I don't want to assume he's suicidal but he writes like he suffers from the thoughts of one, it says here at home he's attempted subtle ways to disappear without a visible trace on his body, though note towards the end of two weeks ago he mentions public executions, Baekhyun these little researches happened and it's most likely in his search history."

"Chanyeol is smart Baekhyun, he hid very well even the head board believe this boy is capable of this. And that's the scary part remember he is your mate not anyone else's, you need to be the one to resolve this or you will have no one. Get in your head, this boy is your forever person! Fuck him up and it's all over for you, Byun Baekhyun."

Jongdae didn't want to yell at his friend let alone his superior but the expressions Baehyun was forming didn't look like he was fully understanding the depths of his decisions right now and he had to, there just wasn't enough for simple baby steps with Chanyeol's condition presently being unknown.

"Fifteen isn't too young to be thinking about it, statically eleven year olds are taking their lives now too and that's just from loneliness. Imagine what's going on  in Chanyeol's mind, how is he processing this? We haven't done any investigations into his health since he transferred here, he's baby, Baek.

Baekhyun took a seat, he needed a minute to take everything Jongdae had just said in he began to feel light headed and dropped his face into his hands, heavy breathing as he thought back to his arrogant behaviour.

I really just took him from his home... I acted like I knew it all, I forced him to do things he didn't want to do, I used my power to suppress him... I.. I took- Baekhyun covered his mouth, glaring down at the marble floor with glossy eyes as he came to a realisation. 

"I'm no better than him..." Baekhyun's eyes watered while grasping his face, he wanted to go under, he wanted to hide- how could he hurt his mate that way? How could he be so cruel? 

Baekhyun roughly wiped his tears standing up "no more self pity, Chanyeol needs me too even if he doesn't want to face or believe me. I love him Dae and I don't want to run from this anymore, I won't turn him away... No matter what the truth is about him. Chanyeol has been alone long enough."

Jongdae nodded, he was happy to hear this he just hopes Baekhyun will be able to put everything he said into action and not to neglect them.

The search for Chanyeol's body had been ongoing into the evening of every day for this week also, with the help of his unofficial following of other wolves taking their parts to sniffing out his body, guided by the impaitient Sehun handing out pieces of Chanyeol's clothing to trace his scent over all sectors of the campus. Sehun's guess was his friend was still on campus but alive and consciously moving around because in some places his scent smelled very fresh and where his body was reported to be it wasn't, in fact the scent there had gradually faded significantly.

It wasn't until hours into the night that wolves began howling at the thickening scent to blood.. Sehun also caught withe of it and looked up... It was that boy again, all the wolves stopped and stared at as he walked between trees carrying a tall figure in his hands that dripped blood.

"CH-CHANYEOL"

Sehun high jumped towards them scooping Chanyeol out his arms before they both went down to the ground laying him out, Sehun cupped his bloody cheeks, hugging him tightly and nuzzling him.

"Ch-Chanyeol, I thought I lost you, Yeollie." 

The mystery boy smiled, caressing Chanyeol's wolf ears, "you are so cruel... Master."