I Don't Want To Hear It.

A single knock on the door snaps me from my thoughts, the sound ringing out loudly in the small room. Frowning, I get up from my desk and go over to it, opening the door to reveal a smiling Hawk, the RIO's uniform slightly more disheveled than usual.

"Oli? What's up? I ask him curiously, eyeing his messy appearance carefully.

"I just wanted to talk, if that's alright. May I come in?" He responds, the smile not leaving his face as he does so.

Confused, I nod and stand aside, allowing him to pass through, going to the desk and pulling out the chair for him to sit on as I take a seat on the bed, watching him. Appearing nervous, he sits on the chair and holds my gaze for a couple of seconds whilst he collects his thoughts, hands fidgeting with each other.

"What did you want to talk about?" I inquire, having a slight notion of what his reason for the visit is

"Well, I wanted to talk about your decision..." His voice trails off as he notices the exasperated expression that crosses my face at his words.

"I've already told you guys, I'm not going to change my mind, no matter how much you try to convince me to." I repeat myself once more, feeling as if the statement has become permanently ingrained in my mind.

"Just hear me out, ok?" Oli requests, waiting for me to nod my head in resigned agreement before carrying on, "I know you keep saying that, but I still want to try. After all, what harm can it do?"

Dismissively, I shrug and gesture for him to continue, inspecting the skin on my hands as I listen, not expecting to hear anything new.

"Right, well, I know I can't really say I understand what you're going through, seeing as I've never felt it before, but as the other half of the team, you have to know that, whilst you terrified me, I forgive you for everything. I know full well it wasn't your fault- don't try to tell me otherwise," He quickly says as I try to protest, shooting me a firm look, "And you need to know that I'm not holding any grudges against you for what happened."

"Why not? I almost killed you! Twice!" I exclaim, searching his face for any signs of distress at the memories, only to find an odd look of understanding in his eyes.

"True, but I can understand why it happened." He responds with a smile on his face, standing and going to the door, "I've gotta go, just remember what I said."

Swinging the piece of metal open, he goes to leave, stopping briefly to look back at my confused face, a grin on his.

"Oh, Maverick and Merlin have asked all of us to go to their bunk room for beers later, at 6. Don't be late."

Behind him, the door bangs against the metal frame, the sound loud and harsh in my ears as I watch him leave, confusion still rife in my mind at the short exchange. Why doesn't he hate me for everything I've done? Sighing, I shake my head to clear some of it and get up, straightening my uniform before stepping out of the door and heading out towards the food deck, suddenly feeling the need for a bite to eat. As I walk, I try to ignore the stares of the other staff around me, biting my lip at their curious looks; since the incident a week ago, I've become horribly notorious amongst almost everyone as the pilot who nearly killed their RIO again.

Pushing through the doors to the food deck, I look over the few aviators sitting there, avoiding them all as I go over to the counter and grab the nearest items, taking them to a table in the corner, away from everyone else. Sitting with my back to the room, I concentrate on the food in front of me, chewing on the tasteless substance I pick up first, not quite hearing as another person sits opposite me.

"Hey!" Stalker greets, voice cheerful as she regards me from across the table, eyes scrutinizing me closely.

"Hey." I reply, slightly hesitantly, eyeing her just as carefully, slightly guarded after Oli's conversation earlier.