Unexpected Visitor

"Where is it.. Where is it..?" Varian would ask himself as he wandered through the dark ruins of the old tower where Rapunzel had originally been imprisoned and Cassandra had built her fortress. The entire area was a mess of rubble.

A depressing sight to look at.

Ever since Cassandra had captured him, Varian had never been able to bring himself back to the area, even now that everything was over.

His blue eyes gazed around, those difficult memories just rising up in his mind. He decided to shake those thoughts for the moment. Left unchecked, who knew what his old potions and chemical mixes would do.

"Alright, Let's just get thi-" What was that? He paused, hearing some kind of soft hum nearby. No one else was supposed to be around this area. Who could possibly be here? He crept around as quietly as he could to find the source.

The humming grew louder as he got closer before it suddenly stopped. "What?" He mumbled softly before he felt a hand grab his shoulder, causing him to jump, turning quickly to face an older looking lady. She seemed harmless enough. Just an older lady, a hooded cape concealing most of her face. But still, something about her felt off, but he couldn't place it. "Can. I help you, miss?"

"Dear boy, I'm terribly lost, would you happen to tell me where I am and where the nearest kingdom would be?" She would ask in a soft tone.

A confused expression crossed his face before he shrugged, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "Corona would be the closest kingdom. I was actually on my way back there. I need to get back. I have things to do." She stepped closer as he spoke.

"Oh, would you be able to help me then? At least guide me there dear child?" Varian didn't see an issue with that at all. "Sure. Um, why not?" He shrugged. Pleased with the response, she would wait for him to begin heading off. "I just need to find my bag and we can be off."

She would pull something out from inside the cape that she wore. "You wouldn't happen to mean this bag, would you? I found it when I arrived in this area. I was wondering why it was just left lying there with no one. You are the owner of it?" A feeling of relief washed over Varian as he moved forward towards her.

"YES! That's it- That's my Alchemy bag!"

"Alchemy? So you are an alchemist?" A hint of interest in her tone as she took a better look at the boy. She would stare silently at him before her eyes focused on the one odd feature.

She would step closer to him as she studied his face, her own still concealed behind a hood. An uncomfortable silence filled the air as Varian would step back from her nervously before hearing what she had to say next.

"A blue streak? How unusual. I didn't notice before. How did you manage to gain such an. Unusual feature. Hm?"