2-Making Friends and Weird midnight conversations.

The picture above is how Claire is supposed to look. Long curly brown hair and dark skin.

So I was thinking of doing a little question and answer segment at the end of each chapter.

$$$$

Everyone started talking the moment Green eyes and Helium voice aka Kevin and Brenda left. I'm not a conversation starter so I decided to go to the room assigned to me.

"Hey" someone spoke, startling me.

I look up from the phone I was trying to operate to see two guys at my front. The guy who came to the ballroom with me and another dark skinned guy.

"Hi" I replied, eyes switching from their faces to the screen of the phone at intervals.

Dark skinned guy put his hands in his pockets "I'm Chinedu, I'll like to be friends"

That was something new and it got my attention immediately. The last time someone told me those words, I was the new girl in seventh grade and this red headed girl walked up to me,the biggest smile on her face.

"I'm Rose, I'll like to be friends" She said, patiently waiting for me to answer.

My first friend in the seventh grade. Too bad she and her family had to move a year later.

I smiled "I'm Claire"

The other dude cleared his throat, raising his hands for an handshake "I'm Fabian"

We stood in silence for some seconds,not an awkward silence though. I studied their features, trying to find out silent stuff about them. Chinedu was Nigerian,no doubt. He had this air of friendliness round him,spirit of positivity. Fabian on the other hand was a bit on edge, like he didn't trust anyone.

"Don't you want to flatten your hair?" Fabian asked, eyebrows raised in amusement "Static electricity made it stand like the hair on my cat's body when it enters water"

I rolled my eyes, trying my best not to let my hands touch my hair.

"I like it just the way it is"

I did not.

I knew I looked like an idiot right now too.

"Why don't we go shower and then meet outside,at the garden" Chinedu said, looking up from his  phone "The garden at the back of the castle"

We agreed and went our separate ways, Chinedu coming with me when he remembered his room is in my hallway.

Was it that easy to make friends?

My room definitely looked different from the one I had at home. This one happened to have four doors, one leading to a walk in closet, one to the toilet,one outside and one to a beautiful balcony. I could see every inch of the grounds in that part of the castle and a bit of the grounds outside the castle.

Will we play games outside the castle grounds?

$$$$$

"So you've lived in Nigeria your whole life?" I asked Chinedu the moment he entered the garden.

He was the last one here, Fabian the first. Fabian who was currently checking out the walls,trying to find a weak point.