4- Nominations and Garden Chats

Hello everyone.

$$$

Having the ability to make or break someone is something most of us have. We do it unconsciously, with our words and actions. But knowing that you have that power, well that's a different case all together.

Everyone stared at me.

Waiting for me to decide how we'll choose who gets eliminated.

Kevin stared at me with that crazed eyes of his, Fabian and the rest of my group mates stared with relief, Chinedu in pity and the 8 with agony and silent plea. No one knew what elimination literally meant and no one wanted to find out.

"A vote maybe" I whispered, voice cracking at the end. I avoided the eyes of everyone though.

Kevin thought about it for some time "A vote Yes, 8 of the winners will vote for who they want to stay but why vote when we can eliminate 12 of them at once"

Wait.

No no no.

"No Kevin..." I started.

The first game and 12 people gets eliminated. That's just too bloody.

"I know how I'll do it now,out of the 8, choose two you want to stay and the rest go bye bye" He laughed that maniacal laugh of his. Bringing out his phone,he pressed some stuff and 12 of them fell down without warning.

"Guys, pack this people up" He told the bodyguards "And you guys, bring out your phones and start voting"

My phone was in my room but Fabian's wasn't. The screen light lit up his face as he tapped and opened apps and stuff.

Voting poll.

Samantha
Sapphira
Apollo
William
Beverly
Kaila
Coral
Katherine
Jayden
Eugene
Alexander
Artemis

"Who should we vote for?" I inquired after Kevin and his bodyguards who dragged the 12 elimination contestants out had left.

Jade huffed "I don't think we should vote for anyone,we should stay the way we are now. Fewer people,more chances of survival"

8 of us,just like that.

Fabian nodded at this "That's right and it's not like we knew them personally"

"You guys are disgusting" Cameron spat, his face red and teeth clenched. He was obviously angry. "We might not know them but they were still here,ready to play this stupid games with us and now they might be dead"

"I don't think they're dead. Pretty sure he just sent some strong sleeping stuff into there body" Chucker chuckled, his back resting on one of the large bookshelves in the library.

Chinedu stood close to him but didn't utter a word, just watched. And so did I. Yes, most of us here never knew the 12 on personal levels. How could we when we just met 2 days ago? But that didn't mean we should let all 12 of them die or anything. We can save two at least.

"I nominate we vote Sapphira, she has a kid at home who needs her" I said without thinking but meaning it.

"Nominate whosoever you want to nominate. This isn't a dictatorship or anything" Fabian yelled before exiting the library.

He was right.

We could nominate whoever we wanted to nominate without caring what anyone thinks.

$$$

We stared at Kevin that night, Kevin and the large projection screen he used to show our votes. Everyone was as surprised as me when we saw him. I thought he won't come till tomorrow at the very least but no, he had to come five hours after the last game ended.

"As you can see, The twins Apollo and Artemis won because they were voted for more" Kevin said, the crazed look gone from his eyes and replaced by a semi calm look. Maybe he was on drugs.

And the twins won.

Meaning all my efforts to save Sapphira for her baby was futile.

Kevin continued "They will be with you tomorrow morning and I will see you guys next week"

The projection screen went black and he got up to leave, not without looking at me though. His green eyes were a bit dull.

"Claire,come with me" He beckoned before walking again, not even giving me time to compose myself. We walked in silence,passing hallways and rooms until we were outside.

"Kevin" I called,my hand on his shoulder to stop him from going further "Why are we here?"

He sat on a rock,looking at me with those newly dulled green eyes of his. "Honestly I don't know why I called you here,I just felt the need to"

He was seriously sick.

"Do you have a therapist?" I asked.

"Yeah,why?"

"Tell them to give you your money back" because they clearly weren't helping him. He was a sicko who kidnapped people so they can play games.

Games.

"You look so much like her,it's just so weird" He said, staring at almost dark sky. He turned to look at me "I thought I'll never see her again until you showed up"

Her?

"Who?" I finally asked.

Kevin laughed,strained and half-heartedly "I can't tell you,it's a secret"

Then why tell me I look like her anyway?

"Where's Brenda anyway?"

"Away"

He didn't say anything after and so did I. We just sat outside in silence, listening to nature and the sound of the each other's breath. I felt safe here for some reason. I think I fell asleep and went to a place without worry,no games,no castle,no elimination,just me and my mom. Because the next time I opened my eyes,I was in my room,the stars twinkling bright outside and a note by my side,written in that amazing penmanship again.

"She was dead but it seems I might have found her again~K" the note read.

Have I found friendship in my captor and host?

The crazed Kevin.

The girl must have been really close to him, for him to electrocute her lookalike on the first day they meant.

Wondering who she was, I walked into the bathroom to have a go on the toilet, only to discover another note. Written in black marker in large scribbles.

"What game do we play next.
Maybe kill the Claire"

$$$$

And we are done.

I can't believe I got rid of 10 people at once,ten people. I did that because I just couldn't,I couldn't write personality traits of 20 people but the remaining ten would be easier.

Do you understand what I mean?

So apparently Claire looks like someone Kevin used a know. A sister? Past lover? I don't know.
Claire still doesn't like Kevin though,he's a crazed person to her.

And who could have written that note in the bathroom?
Who would want innocent Claire dead?
Her friends? Chucker? Jade? Brenda?

We just don't know :-(:-(:-(

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like this chapter.

Q: Do you love the stars?

A: Yes I do