Chapter 24

Sorry It's been a while---a couple of days. School and all that is back, so yeah. I also have a lot of theatre stuff I gotta do like....memorizing lines for our upcoming play. *Sigh* I wish I could write faster. This chapter is pretty long, but it went back to Hope's POV (point of view). Since Faith pretty much gave herself up, I thought showing Hope's reaction would be a better read. Besides, even though Faith thinks about her a lot, you, the reader, still don't really understand why Hope is doing so much in Faith's life. So here you go...

~*~

 Hope's POV

All I could do was watch my little sister giver herself up. I could only lay on the floor, helpless. Poor Faithy. Her reason for doing this was very caring, but this was too much. She knew the consequences, yet she was doing this any way. At first, I thought it was a trick. There might have been a plan forming somewhere inside her head.

Faith was a person who rarely ever gave up. When she told me she was, I was heartbroken. She became a totally different person after that moment. She became empty. That bright spirit that I adored about her was gone. Then she decided to give herself to Cairo's plan. That changed everything about her. Now, watching her do this, I was about ready to disappear forever. Faith didn't need me anymore...since she was going to be one of them.

Watching would kill me. It would be too hard for me to forget this event. I would never forget the day when my only sister decided to die. She was dying today. That old Faith that I loved to be around was going to be locked up inside a dark soul. Then when she was taken away from me, there was no more life left in me to keep moving.

I didn't really understand why she was doing this. If she knew that the world was basically going to be overrun with demons and evil, she wouldn't do it anyway. She would think of some distraction. In her head earlier, it seemed like she was going to find a way to escape, but she questioned herself. Sorry couldn't buy me. No matter how many times she said sorry, it wouldn't buy me.

Faith took the metal rod in her hand and took a deep breath. I heard her whisper something that I couldn't understand. The rod was suddenly flexible around her hand. It circled around her wrist as Faith closed her eyes. The metallic snake's head hissed at her and prepared to bite down. I grimaced as my sister screamed. It bit into her skin, and slowly was poisoning her body and mind.

Zachariah yelled her name. My attention snapped to him. He and Vince weren't in their chains anymore. They were free? How did that happen? Zachariah gave the key to Isaiah who just held I numbly in his hands. He's given up too. I had to snap him out of this. Faith needed him. I ran over to him, pleading for him to fight. Isaiah didn't listen. He kept on mumbling to himself.

Vince and Zachariah let out there wings and flew. They bombarded Cairo, but he smacked them off and then slapped my Faith. Vince and Zachariah's needed more help. They wouldn't be able to fight without this fallen angel with them. He didn't even try to get out. Why? He didn't lose anything or anyone. He was still complete...unless he didn't know about Kiley and Mark.

“The twins are fine,” I told him. “They're with Steve and Tammy Marshall. They're waiting for you Isaiah.”

He shook his head and moaned, “No. They aren't. They were gone. Brooke and Liam couldn't find them.”

I tried to persuade him. “Listen Isaiah and listen good. I went to the house and found them hiding in the closet. Kiley and Mark are safe and fine. Faith took them to Tammy and Steve. They're alive. Please, you need to help Faith. She saved your kids after she was attacked by a Law.”

Isaiah still wouldn't believe me. I frowned and just decided to leave him. If Isaiah wouldn't help her, then I would try all I could. I raced back to Faith, who was huddled on the ground. She trashed and screamed. Her thoughts were all jumbled up in pain. Her hand gripped the snake around her wrist and tried to yank it off. I could only watch.