The unspoken thing

The Guardians had made it to Earth and dropped off Dr. Strange and thanked him for his help in getting Gamora back. Now it was time for all of them to figure out where they go from here. It would be a lot easier to do that if Gamora would come out of her room.

Gamora really wanted to come out of her room but she didn't want to have to face Peter again. So she just sat there for a long time in her room just thinking about everything that had happened before she died which was technically 5 years ago...She was lost in her thoughts when she heard a soft knock on the door. She knew exactly who it was and was dreading letting him but she did.

"Come in Peter..."

Peter walked in to see Gamora sitting on the edge of the bed just staring at the wall.

"Hey" Peter said as he walked into her room and shut the door behind him

"Hi" She said

For a moment they just sat there in silence not knowing what to say to each other considering they have both been dead for 5 years. It was really awkward between them because they were supposed to be best friends they were supposed to be able to tell each other everything...but considering what happened they were both thinking that maybe they might be something more. They both knew they had an unspoken thing but now that it is a little more spoken they don't know what to do.

Peter had always wanted to ask her the one question that was eating him up inside and that he had been wanting to ask her ever since it happened.

"why did you kiss me..." It was out he finally said it

"ummmmmmm..." Gamora didn't know what to say

"I mean I know you acknowledged that we had an unspoken thing but do you maybe like me more than just a friend..." Peter asked her

"...I don't know I mean maybe...I have a lot to figure out mainly with you...but right now I just miss my sister..." Gamora said trying to get Peter to leave

Peter didn't know how to comfort Gamora because he felt really bad for her but he didn't know what to say. He knew what it was like to lose a family member even if they weren't blood related to you it has happened to him two times already three times if you count the time Gamora died but now that she's alive I guess it doesn't really count.

"You know she told me before she died that she had to do it because she had hurt you too much and she needed to repay you for everything you have done for her and..."

"and what..."

"She knew how much I loved you..."

Peter and Gamora just stared into each other's eyes.

"Well I will let you-" he said as he started get up but he felt a strong smooth hand stop him

"Peter could you stay with me tonight only because of everything that has happened...I'm scared of anything happening to you"

"Ummm...yeah sure"

Peter and Gamora both got into the bed. They both tossed and turned until they found a comfortable position where Gamora was resting her head on his chest and Peter's arms were wrapped around her waist. They both fell asleep feeling more comfortable then ever.