Sparring

Gamora woke up to very strong warm arms holding her close. For a second her eyes opened and she was confused and tensed up but when she looked up her features immediately relaxed. She saw Peter sleeping soundly as he held her in his arms. She knew they had a lot to figure out and she knew they had to talk but she was way to comfy to try and wake him up just yet. So she closed her eyes and just relaxed for a little bit waiting for Peter to wake up by himself. An hour or so later she felt soft fingers graze her forehead and push a piece of hair behind her ear and when she opened her eyes she realized Peter was finally awake.

"Good Morning" He said in a deep raspy voice

"Good Morning sleepy head" She said earning a small chuckle from him

"How did you sleep" Peter asked trying to make small talk

"Pretty good" She answered

There was a couple minutes of silence when Gamora realized Peter still had his strong arms wrapped tightly around her. She knew they probably shouldn't be doing this but there was a bigger part of her that didn't want to move and wish they could just stay like this forever. She was pulled from her thoughts when she realized Peter had started saying something.

"You know you look beautiful right now" Peter said

Gamora was very caught off guard and that is when she decided to get up.

"Hey where are you going" Peter asked her becoming very confused

"I am just gonna start getting ready for the day. You should do the same." She said feeling very awkward

"Ummmm....okay" Peter said feeling like he did something to upset her or make her feel uncomfortable

Gamora had walked out of Peter's room shutting the door behind her. She leaned against the door letting out a long exhale before walking back to her room to get ready for the day.
_______________________________________________________
A couple hours later Peter was just listening to music on his Zune in his room when he heard a knock. Before he give permission for the person to come in they just automatically opened the door. He was not shocked to find out that it was Gamora

"Meet me down in the training room. It's been a while since we last sparred and we have to make sure we are in shape and ready to start fighting again."

"Sure...okay"

Gamora just stood there for a second before walking out and making her way down to the training room. She started getting warmed up for her sparring practice while she waited for Peter. She was wondering what was taking him so long and was about to go back up to see what he was doing when he walked down.

"What took you so long" She asked him in annoyance

Peter just looked at her funny and didn't say anything. Gamora was getting angry and very annoyed by the look on his face. She felt like she was gonna punch something until he interrupted her thoughts.

"Okay can we just get this over with" Peter asked

"Yes"

Peter and Gamora just stood there waiting for the other one to throw a punch or something so they could start their sparring match.

"Well are you gonna do something" she asked becoming impatient

Peter responded by throwing a punch which Gamora quickly grabbed before it could reach her and overpowered him by throwing him to the ground.

"Trying to catch me off guard huh" Gamora asked sarcastically

"Key word trying" He said as he lay on the floor in pain

He got up and immediately pivoted left trying to throw her off guard again and she immediately tripped him causing him to fall down to the ground again. He then got up again and this time he tried to throw a punch looking at her right shoulder but then immediately switched to his left but Gamora knew exactly was his tactic was and blocked both punches and threw him to the ground once more.

"You really suck at this you know there are other ways then just trying to catch me off-"

Gamora tried to finish her sentence but Peter saw this as an opportunity to put her on the ground so he took his foot while she was talking and kicked her leg causing her to fall off balance and fall to the ground as he immediately stood up. He put his foot on her chest as if he was telling her to stay down.

"We need to talk"

"We are sparring right now. Now get your foot off of me" Gamora said struggling to get Peter's foot off of her

"No you are gonna stay down and if you don't wanna talk that at least listen to me" Peter said as he was looking down at her

She stopped trying to get his foot off of her and just relaxed as if to tell him she was listening and she wasn't ready to talk.

"Look...what are we exactly I am so confused. A couple days or actually a couple years ago I guess...you kissed me and then later on you told me you loved me and I didn't even know if it meant anything. But then you died and I didn't even know what to do with myself I felt like there was no point for me to be alive any longer if I was alive in a world where you weren't living with me and apparently god knew what I was thinking because then Thanos snapped and I faded to dust. Then the avengers brought everyone back and then we got you back and I was so excited I was about to give you the biggest hug but then all the memories of everything that happened between us rushed over me and I felt like I couldn't do that. Then we fell asleep together last night and I thought we had something but then I told you that you looked beautiful and then you just left out of nowhere and now I am wondering what is gonna happen next..."

Peter was kinda out of breath from trying to get Gamora to the ground and because of the whole speech he just rambled out. He didn't have the heart to look at Gamora while he was talking so when he finally finished talking he looked down at Gamora and she just looked blank. She didn't really have any emotion on her face. At this point without realizing it Peter had removed his foot from Gamora's chest.

"I don't know what to say Peter there is so much I want to say but this is not the right place nor the right time so I am gonna take a shower and get changed and I want you to do the same. Then at 6pm I want you to meet me in my room and then we will talk." She ordered him as she stood up

Peter nodded at her "Yes ma'am"

Gamora rolled her eyes at Peter's remark in annoyance and walked away.