Let's Talk

Gamora enjoyed the feeling of the hot water running down her body from the shower it calmed her down a ton and just let her forget about the world for a little bit. Once Gamora was done in the shower she wrapped a towel around her self and opened the door just a little bit just to make sure Peter wasn't anywhere to be seen. Once she knew the coast was clear she made her way to her room and picked out a fresh pair of clothes. It was around 5:30 and she started braiding her hair trying to stay calm because she knew what was coming at 6:00 and she really wasn't ready.

Once she was done braiding her hair she let the perfectly woven hair fall down her back and she decides to straighten up her room a little bit before it was time. She had finished straightening up her room and it was as if right on cue she heard a soft knock in the door.

"Come in Peter" Gamora said anxiously

Peter walked in and Gamora could see that he changed and took a shower because she could tell his hair was a little darker than normal. They both sat down on her bed for a while not say anything.

"Soooooooo...." Peter said reluctantly

"I think we both should just tell each other what we have to say and then we will go from there" Gamora said

"You mean you should just tell me what you have to say because I already told you everything I have to say"

"Fine"

Gamora started fiddling with a loose string on the end of her shirt trying to stall as long as possible until she finally worked up the courage to start talking.

"Okay...when you walked in and called my name I was sitting there playing with my Godslayer trying not to think about the soul stone, Thanos, and you. So when I heard someone come in I found out it was you and I felt so relieved and a little happy because I wanted nothing more than for you to be there and calm me down. Then I finally asked you to kill me and you agreed. After you agreed I looked back up into your eyes and all I saw was fear...so much fear. I didn't know what to do so I kissed you because there was a part of me that felt like I had to..."

Gamora paused for a second "...and maybe there was a part of me that wanted to..." she said softly

"Then I was in the situation where Thanos was holding me and you had a gun to me and I told you to shoot me because you promised. I looked into your eyes again and all I saw was fear and sadness and I wasn't in the position to kiss you again so I told you that I loved you more anything partially knowing I was probably going to die. Then you said it back to me and then all of me just wanted to get out of Thanos's grasp and go and kiss you. Then I died but then you guys resurrected me and then I saw you and I had never been happier in my entire life it felt so good to see you especially after Nebula died. I was scared so I wanted to stay with you that night and then we woke up and you told me I looked beautiful and I was a little caught off guard so I just left and I couldn't tell you anything during our sparring session just yet because I didn't feel like I was ready so I just listened and then I finally felt like it was time to tell you so I did...and now we're here"

Gamora was actually out of breath after rambling out a huge speech that she didn't even know she was keeping inside of her.

"Sooo...your telling me the only reasoned you kissed me and told me you loved me was basically because you felt bad for me" Peter said becoming very confused

Gamora just looked at him with her signature thinking face on

"No, not really-" Gamora was interrupted when Peter started talking again

"So then you did it because...you do love me" Peter asked

"I guess so but I never had the heart to ask you how you felt"

"Gamora..." Peter grabbed her hands and stared into her eyes

"I have loved you since the first time I saw you on Xandar but I don't just love you I think...I think I am in love with you"

Gamora just stared at him blankly before speaking

"I am in love with you too...but we can't do this" She said as she pulled her hands out of Peter's grasp

"It would jeopardize the team if we were in a relationship...I think right now the team is more important" Gamora said with a little bit of regret in her voice

"So then I guess we should just be friends then right..." Peter said feeling a little hurt

"Ummmm..."