Family

Staying with Katsuki was nothing like I had expected.

Everything about the Bakugo home was serene and peaceful, other than Mitsuki and Katsuki's occasional shouting matches.

Sun filtered in through large windows and the air was comfortable and cool. The rooms were all light washed with large open spaces. She could tell that they favored minimalistic approach to home decor, but it suited their relaxed style.

After a comfortable breakfast with his parents Katsuki left for school, but not before kissing my forehead and promising that his parents would keep me safe while he was gone. He also promised to gather any assignments that I might miss.

I felt warm. Everything about this felt right. I assisted in cleaning the house with Mitsuki for the rest of the morning, and then sat in a comfortable silence in the living room with Masaru while he did paperwork and I studied for finals.

At this point I was completely confident in my abilities to pass the written exam. Sho and I had been taught English and even some Latin by private tutors when we were young, and our grasp on maths far surpassed our peers.

Eventually I retired upstairs and took a mid day nap in Katsuki's bed. I completely ignored the file laying on the desk because I hardly ever had time for catching up on sleep. I'm thankful that now I can, especially since it was surrounded by Katsuki's warm caramel scent.

For the first time in months I wasn't plagued by nightmares or memories. When I woke up and looked in the mirror I appeared healthy. Other than the molting bruise that is looking less like a hand print and more like a blob, I have a glow I haven't seen in myself for years.

I roll my shoulders and stretch my sore muscles feeling refreshed and in control. My eyes even felt appropriately self regulated and the itch had left me in the night. The irises looked bright and the pupil remained a natural size.

I smile brightly before my phone buzzes.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't been avoiding any and all messages and calls. When I went to sleep I powered it off entirely but I know that it will be impossible to avoid everyone forever, especially with finals starting tomorrow.

It would feel wrong for me to miss something that I've worked tirelessly for almost all of my life.

I sigh running a hand through my hair and pick up my phone. After scrolling through the overwhelming amount of messages I decide that throwing my phone into Katsuki's bed is a perfect solution for my anxiety.

There were messages from my

Father

Who's number I immediately blocked

Enji Todoroki

Who I also blocked

Shoto

Kirishima

Ochako

Midoryia

Mina

Momo

Shinso