Chapter 1: A mission abroad

"The past has it's horrors but sometimes remembering can make everything a whole lot better"

.

Chapter 1

The motor of the Black SUV screamed and echoed in her ears. Her back was leaning against the seat and her eyes were focused on the gravel road in front of her....well she was trying to focus but her eyelids became heavier and heavier by the second. She was obviously tired; exhausted actually and there were many, many reasons for that. One: not enough sleep. Two: not enough sleep. Three: Not enough sleep. All because of the, sorry for the language, asshole who sat next to her driving the car because he woke her up on 3 in the morning.

"Earth to Cameron..."

"Shut up Clint" She snapped as she opened her eyes and instantly rubbed them with her hand. Her eyes wandered away from the road and towards the time on the small screen just above the radio. "Okay you need to Google this...how to survive at Five o'clock in the morning when you are sitting next to someone who has a crush on his bow."

"Ha ha! You literally deserve the award for best joke of the day" Clint mumbled sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he glanced at her.

"I know I know. I'm funny" Cameron said, of course as dramatic as possible. Just to annoy him. Because she is nice like that.
After that the both of them remained silent, both watching the cars passing by as they drove on the road that lead them towards the airport. Yeah, the airport because believe it or not they had a mission overseas and Shield being the annoying Shield they always were meant that they didn't want to tell them where they would be flying to until they were inside the airport. Because it was 'safer' that way. Yeah bullshit.

"One question that has been haunting
me since the first few seconds after you woke me up at freaking 3 in the morning is, why so damn early?"

"Well Cameron, do I look like someone who knows literally everything?" Clint looked at her, a smirk tugging on the corners of his lips.

"Well you always claim that you do. So I thought let's ask the smartest person on
the planet a question which I'm sure he'll know the answer too."

The rest of the ride they continued to make snappy and sarcastic comments, probably because they were both tired and cranky. Like the usual.

"Get out before I'll kick you
out of the car." Clint teased.

"Sir, yes sir" Cameron said, raising her voice as she saluted Clint before getting out of the car. With her bag swung over her shoulder she walked towards the entrance of the airport. Soon Clint joined her.

Cameron didn't wait with messaging Shield because she was eager to
know where they would be heading to.

'Time:6:30am
Gate number:11
Location: Amsterdam'

Cameron read the text message out loud after feeling her phone buzz in the pocket of her jeans. Amsterdam. They were going to weed smoking Amsterdam.

"So we are going to Amsterdam...Why Germany?" Clint said as he picked up the duffle bag from the floor and stood up.

"I don't-" Cameron stopped with talking, even stopped with walking as she turned around. "Germany...You, oh my god" She said, bursting out of laughter and shook her head "Amsterdam in Germany. Typical a Barton comment"

"What? What's wrong with that..."

"Clint, Amsterdam is not in Germany" Cameron couldn't stop with laughing it was actually starting to hurt. "Amsterdam is in The Netherlands, Not in Germany"

"Wait what...?" Clint mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows. "Amsterdam is in Germany. Since when did it change? Because last time I checked it was in Germany"