'011' - Final Chapter

GOODBYE

        "Guys, guys ! This is crazy - we can't just wait around."
"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives." Lucas reasoned."The bad men are still looking for us !"
"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin remarked.
"El can find them !"
"Mike, look at her ! I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."
"Exactly - we need to keep them out of sight - that's the most important thing, isn't it ? Besides, she's okay - she's with Johnathon." 
"And she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin trailed off and instantly set off away from them, swinging his arms delightfully.
"You just said stick to the plan !"
"I am - I'm just gonna' go get some chocolate pudding - Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit !"
"Chocolate ?" Two stood up and yelled across the hall at him.
"Yeah ! Come with me, Two - help me find it !" He encouraged, and she instantly tripped across the squeaky hall in Isaac's muddy boots - Lucas and Isaac followed with unenthusiastic groans and eye-rolls. 

"Okay, guys - search the kitchen ! I know she's hiding it somewhere !" Dustin ordered, and the four of them immediately got to work in breaking open cabinets. Isaac and Two searched at the other side of a counter in the canteen together, out of earshot of Lucas and Dustin. 
"Isaac," She muttered as they raided a cabinet, sat on the floor together.
"Yeah ?" Two suddenly stopped, staring at the ground.
"Th-...thank you." 
"Oh... that's okay !" He smiled brightly, expression lowering once she grabbed his hand and swallowed, finally meeting his gaze again,
"Thank you." They shared a warm smile, as if all was right in their world at current, before reality dragged them back apart with Dustin's disruptive yelling.
"Guys ! I think it's in here ! Two, can you open the fridge ?" She did as she was told by commanding the parasites to eat away at the insides of the lock, all while the boys were conversing,
"I'm sorry, when did they start locking the fridge ?" Dustin complained.
"When you started ranting at lunch times ?" Lucas suggested.
"No, it was last year, remember ?" Isaac scoffed,"When we got the day off school because some homeless dude was living in here and they couldn't provide lunches ?"
"Oh, yeah ! I remember that !"

"Pudding." Two announced and flung open the fridge door, being greeted with shelves stock-piled with red and white cans.
"Yes ! I knew it ! She always says there's none left - bald-faced liar. Two, fill your arms with the stuff !" She ignored and wandered back over the the massive roll she found in the back, unfolding it and asking,
"What is it ?" 
"Oh, shit."
"What ?"
"That's the banner for the snowball - she found the banner for the snowball." Lucas sighed.
"Snowball ?"
"Yeah, yeah - the snowball. It's a school dance." Isaac explained, rolling up the banner again,"You have to pick a date and listen to crappy songs to dance with them to."
"Hey, Two'll go with you !" Dustin pointed out.
"Will you please shut up ? Just, go eat your pudding !" He moaned and shewed them away,"But uh... if you want to c-come with me then you could if you want-"
"Isaac," Two smiled,"I'd like that." -Before practically skipping past him out of the cafeteria.

"Okay, this should charge you both right up." Dustin told the girls as him and Lucas placed armfuls of chocolate pudding on the table in the hall.
"Where's Mike ?" Isaac questioned, just as he came sprinting back in,"Huh, speak of the devil or what ?"
"Guys, guys !" He yelled, face paralysed with terror.
"What is it ?" 
"They found us."

____________________

          The group managed to scramble through the doors, just as the bad men intruded the hall.
"How did they find us ?" 
"I don't know but they know we were in the hall !"
"Lando !" It seemed every corner the party turned, the enemy continued to close in on them until they were trapped in a corridor, armed lab workers closing in at all angles. Two squeezed Isaac's hand as tight as she could, this could be the end. She closed her eyes and prepared for the gunshot - but it never came. Reluctantly forcing her eyelids back, she watched as the eyes of their opponents bled awfully until their corpses dropped to the floor, as did Eleven. 
"El ! El ! Eleven !" Mike shook her desperately,"Eleven."
"She's just drained." Dustin informed him.
"No, she's not waking up ! El ! Eleven ! She's barely breathing !"
"We have to go !" 
"Leave her." Brenner's voice silenced the children, and Two immediately stood up - she'd never wanted to kill anyone before but this man had put her and Eleven through Hell, and we wasn't getting away with it.