Chapter 1.1

I rush into my first class, Art, hoping it will be more interesting than the last class. I like to draw, I just can't. You might be all like "Oh, you're just being modest, you're probably great!" Not so, and if you thought that, you have much to learn about me, young padawan. Wait, is that right...? I dunno. The point is that I royally maul all my art. Even Kar agrees with me. And she's the nicest person ever! Legit, I'm pretty sure she's an literal angel. She always gives out compliments to whoever. Even if they look super shady and like they could easily hurt her! She's crazy, but she's lovable. Pretty impossible not to.

        Anyway, as I approach the door, unfortunately, Mr. Chrysanthus, the Art teacher is still there. I mean, it's not like I expect him to quit, but I certainly wouldn't discourage it. He just picks on me, but not in  the way that says, "Hey, you're a great kid and I pick on you because you would never do such a thing." It's flat out malice. As my foot is about to hit the carpet on the inside of the classroom, the bell rings and Mr. Chrysanthus glares a bit and says, "Office. You weren't inside yet." Kara (aka Kar) gives me an apologetic look, as he turns around and makes a joke that everyone laughs at.

        I stalk towards the office and purse my lips, glare at the ground, and try to breathe as I run into a solid structure. I, assuming I ran into a pole, just move to the left and keep walking as I hear a voice behind me. "You okay? You seem a bit distracted." I see Wade, someone who... well we're not really friends. At all. And that's my fault, but that's a story for another time.. He's that one guy who everyone seems to be in love with. Maybe that's the reason he bothers me. I really don't hate him, I just hate the fact that he's in a position to hurt so many people. And the fact that he doesn't know it. Back to the pile of annoyance we were chatting about, he's supposedly attractive, though if anyone looks closely at his personality, there's really not many attractive qualities. He's civil to me but I'm not civil to him, so I think he should just drop it.

        "I'm fine," I say, irritably. Like anything I say to him. Might be a problem. As I rush to the attendance office I mentally rant to myself because no one else wants to hear the hot mess that is my mind. I'm shaking with fury as I stalk into the office. The line's particularly long today. Like 20 people long. You know it's bad when the lady who works in the office knows you by name. Ugh. I try to breathe like a normal person as I exit the office when I see Alec and wave and stop walking.

        "Hey, Alec! Late too?" I ask, surprised.

        "Yeah, for once." he admits. "Was it Chrysanthus again or just you?"

        "Well I'm pretty ticked off, so it wasn't me." I muttered, "Well I did run into Wade on the way, so it really could be either, but it was him this time."

        "I still don't get why you don't like Wade; he didn't do anything to you, did he?" he asked, a bit worried.

        "No, and I dunno why either, honestly. Unless it's because of how everyone's in absolutely head over heels for him. It really, really bugs me. I don't understand my brain."

        "I wish I did. He's really a decent person, I promise." Alec pushed.

        "I know... I'm just apparently losing my mind. Eh, it's nothing new." I paused, wishing I could stay. "Well I guess I should go suffer and make it to class. Ugh."

        "Okay, see you!"

I knew it would be a bittersweet parting because I didn't want to go to C's (I'm far too lazy to spell it all) class, but I didn't have any more excuses. Oh goodness I was surprisingly self-sacrificial just then. Plus, why should I stop him from getting to class? He's the type of person who would only stop to talk because he's just far too nice to do otherwise. Frankly, I feel horrible because I take advantage of his kindness every time that I'm struggling or need some comfort.