3

Maybe its because I thought he was a teddy bear, I mean, he is quite cute and cuddly. I shook my crazy thoughts away and grabbed some juice out of the fridge, and poured it into a glass cup. I heard footsteps approach, and I looked up and I saw Harry.
"Sorry bout that." I said, my cheeks tinted red.
"Its okay." Harry replied.
I drank my juice and we stayed in complete and utter silence, a comfortable silence might I add.
"Where are Maya and Jake?" I asked, hoping they are not in my room, because Jake has a temper, and I don't want him trashing up my room, like he has done before because I didn't do what he asked for.
"Oh Maya fell asleep on the couch in the living room and Jake's in his room playing on his Xbox" He said sitting on a chair near the counter.
"So Harry, I don't know much about you, tell me about yourself." I said taking a seat next to him.
I wanted to know a lot about him. Maybe we could be friends? Only if he explains himself about the whole girlfriend situation, and if that is cleared up, we can be friends.
"My name is Harold Edward Styles. Born February 1st 1994 (idk). I have one sister, Maya, and she suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder, and every week I bring her to support group because my mum is a, uhm, workaholic."
I nodded my head. Harry had quite a sad life. His mum being a workaholic. Never mentioned his dad though. I wonder what happened to his dad. I'm not going to say anything, because it might trigger some unwanted emotions. And I wanted to know the little things.
"So, Harry what about your girlfriend?" I bravely asked him.
"Ok, I don't have one, I just needed some me time around then because something was going on at home..." he replied.
Going on at home? I mean, I know his mother is always at work, and with his sisters disorder it must be hard. But I thought there was nothing wrong.
"Its nothing, forget about it." Harry said quickly, and I saw the flash of dishonesty in his emerald orbs, but chose not  question it.
I could ask him later, if I even have the guts to.
"O-okay." I replied, my brain trying to figure out what was going on.
"So, what about you?" He asked, as I pulled on the sleeves of  my cream sweater.
"Emma Jones. December 15th, 1994. One brother, who has ADHD. My mum who is a tad bit crazy, but I love her for it. I have a part time job at the library, because I love books, my favourite book series is the Hunger Games." I shrugged my shoulders, probably saying the most simple facts about me that I could think of from the top of my head.
"Wow library, I hear they pay a lot." He said.
"Um yeah a bit, they actually have a assistant librarian job, you can probably get the job if you have good English levels." I said to him.
Harry then got up and hugged me, what the hell? "
Thank you so much Emma, I've been wanting to get away from my dad's stupid garage for ages!" He said letting go of me. "No problem Harry, I'll text you the details when I find out more" I said getting up from my seat.
Maya then started screaming from the living room, Harry and I ran in there to see what was wrong. She was having some sort of nightmare, Harry woke her up and hugged her.
She then cried "I don't want him to hurt me Harry!".
He then replied saying "if he even lays a finger on you I'll kill him."
What do they mean? Is someone trying to hurt them?
There was too many clues, but I couldn't figure out what each clue meant. I didn't want to be confused. I just met him at a garage. Wanting to fix this car. Now I'm here, trying to uncover secrets, which in unaware of.
"Is she okay?" I questioned, edging closer to the pair on the couch.
Maya looked flushed, a few tears streaming down her face.
"I-i-i h-h-ad a n-n-nightmare. I-it was about-" Maya was speaking, but Harry cut her off.
"She has these nightmares about this random guy, nothing to worry about. Happens all the time." Harry spoke a little too quickly.
She must go to the doctor. She might have nightmare disorder.
"You sure?" I double checked.
"I'm sure." Harry nodded, biting his lip. I nodded my head, before turning back and walking into the kitchen.
"Uhm, Emma?" Harry called.
"Yes?"
"Can we stay the night? It's pretty late, and I was supposed to bring Maya back ages ago." Harry suggested, scratching the back of his neck.
We had another room, that will be fine. "Sure. Guest room is top left." I said, not caring if my mother found out. She wouldn't care, because she's probably going to work in the morning, so she won't even notice. Harry mimed a 'thanks.' (Morning)
I woke up, light streaming in from the window, and I squinted my eyes. Flashbacks of yesterdays events flew through my mind, and a whole batch of questions came. I shook them off the best as I could, and walked over to the guest room, and knocked on the door. Nobody answered, so I quietly opened the door, to see Maya sprawled across the duvet, and I smiled. She was so cute. I hope those nightmares don't come again. Harry was nowhere to be seen though. I closed the guest room door, and I shouted Harry, well, a whisper shout. He didn't answer. I suddenly heard shouting from outside, so I crept to the front door, and I saw Harry and a guy, who resembled Harry in the older version, arguing? Must be his father. I cracked open the door, careful not to make too much sound.
"Let me see her!" Harry's dad shouted, and I flinched.
He sure didn't care about the neighbours. "Never! Just leave!" Harry yelled back, and anger flashed in his eyes.
He didn't like his dad then.
"If you don't let me see ther, I'll wont hesitate to choke you to death. End of the week." And with that, Harry's father slammed the car door shut and drove off.

Still looking I watched Barry fall to his knees and scream, he then started cursing to himself, what did the man say to him? Was it his  actual dad? He then started walking back to the door so I quickly went into the living room. He then walked into the living room and saw me.
"Morning Emma, thanks for letting us stay the night." he said smiling.
Wow he's a good actor because he obviously isn't happy.
"No problem Harry" I said back.
Harry then sighed and held his face in his hands?
"Listen, I'm gonna get away for a while and I need your help." he said looking me in the eye.
"So your gonna leave your Maya? You cant leave her!" I asked disgusted.
"No way, Maya's coming with me!" he said like it was obvious.
"So you will leave your mum and dad worried sick?" I asked.
"My mum left when Maya was a baby and that man who I have to call my dad can go die in a hole!" He said frustrated.
"Oh my gosh harry, I'm so sorry I never knew" I said hugging him.
I didn't even care how awkward it was, he needed someone there for him. I'm willing to be that someone.
"It's ok, you never knew" he said holding me tight.

unedited