Chapter 1

I can't believe it's finally here! A few weeks ago I had sent a demo to Atlantic Records in hopes they would be interested in signing me to their label. I was to excited to open it.

Jackie - Hey Ember can you open it for me, I can't bare to open it myself.

Ember - Of course!

*Ember has been my best friend ever since I went up to her in kindergarten and stole her crayons. We are now 18 and moving to LA from Texas so that she can pursue acting and so that I can continue music.*

Jackie - What does it say? Give it to me straight, I can take it. *bracing myself for the worst*

Ember - I'm so sorry Jackie.

Jackie -  *sighed* I knew it! I will never get signed.

Ember - I'm sorry, because after today our bank accounts are going to hate us. You got in!! You have to be there in two days to look over your contract.

Jackie - Oh my gosh!!! Why did you have to scare me like that!! I literally want to throw a pillow at you right now.

At this moment, I had everything I have ever worked for. All those late nights mixing music and writing songs has finally paid off. I can just picture performing at sold out arenas, fans singing my songs at the top of their lungs, and to know it's at the tip of my fingers. *happy sigh* How can this get any better.

~ last day till LA ~

We meet at a coffee shop to go over the details and to spend our last day in Texas together.

Ember - Last day!! Do you have everything packed and ready?

Jackie - Yess!! I'm so excited! Everything is set.

Ember - Good. The last thing we want is for you to forget anything, because we all know you will just come and steal my stuff. *laughs*

Jackie - oh please, I will do that regardless.

*Both laugh*

Ember - I have to go and double check to make sure everything is packed. My siblings like to move my stuff around. *rolls eyes*

Jackie - ok, I will pick you up tomorrow at 8am sharp! Don't you dare sleep in, we don't want to miss our plane.

Ember - ok *rolls eyes* I'll make sure to set multiple alarms.

*does secret handshake*

Jackie - good! See ya tomorrow

Ember - see ya

We both leave and I can't help but feel anxious and excited about tomorrow. Will they like me? Will I like them?

Will Ember wake up in time for their  flight? What will the day bring? Stay tuned for the second chapter of  "Why Don't We" look at the stars.