010. a new threat

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐈 stood besides jinora and ikki as we watched Korra intently, who was on the road to mastering the Spinning Gates, which managed to get fixed yesterday after her little breakdown. 

Jinora signalled Ikki and they directed a gust of wind at the gates to make them spin for Korra, who stood at the other side of the gates, took a deep breath, and elegantly weaved her way through the spinning panels, twirling around and avoiding every contact.

"Good! Light on your feet!" Jinora reminded shortly before Korra spinned out on the other side without being touched once by the gates and rested her hands on her knees, catching her breath. As Ikki gushed on how much she improved, Jinora and I noticed a distant figure behind Korra approaching. 

"Ooh, he's cute!" Jinora grinned slyly as the youngest airbender jumped high to see who it was. I smirked teasingly and cooed, "Aw! Look, Korra! Your handsome firebender boy is here!" 

"What?" Her eyes widened in confusion and glanced back at her shoulder to find Mako was approaching.

"You mean the handsome firebender boy that drives you crazy, Korra?" Jinora teased, making her glare at us with embarrassment. I pursed my lips, fighting the strong urge to snicker as Ikki giggled, "Does he drive you crazy in a bad way or does he drive you crazy like you like him? 

I immediately broke into a fit of booming laughter as Korra quickly raised the earth underneath Jinora and Ikki, catapulting them in the air. My laughter quickly trailed off into terrified yelps as I sprawled my arms out, trying to catch them when they would land. 

Of course, I forgotten that these weren't normal children, they were airbenders.

They giggled, softly landing back to the ground behind Korra with their airbending. When Mako pulled up to her, she turned to face him and cleared her throat, slight redness painted across her cheeks. "O-Oh hey, Mako."

I slightly nodded with a polite smile before turning to the children and silently shushing them for their stifled childish laughter, though I had been trying to maintain my own.

"You guys seen Bolin?" He asked, stuffing his hands into his pocket.

"Nice to see you, too." She rolled her eyes before her voice had softened. "And, no, I haven't seen him since practice. Is there something wrong?"

"I don't know. It's just that Bolin has a knack for getting into stupid situations." He tiredly sighed as he turned around and started walking back. "See you guys later."