XIX

I woke up the next morning to the sun shining in my eyes and him holding me close. I smiled as I looked at the engagement ring then I realized that we never planned our wedding. "Reaver...wake up darling" I shook him awake, he groaned and rubbed his eyes, "well hello there" he spoke with a smile, "we're engaged...but we've never planned our marriage..." I reminded him as he sat up and placed his forehead against my shoulder, "let's just ask Rose if we can host a royal wedding...they'll have people plan everything for us...then all we would have to do is show up, get dressed, say our vows, kiss, and then we're married" he mumbled still half asleep. 'He does make a good point...' I chewed on the inside of my mouth, "very well...I'll send a letter to our daughter" I said as I grabbed his shirt from last night and slid it on. "Sweetheart..." he whined as I put my hair up in a messy bun, "you can stay in bed all day...I've got stuff to do. Grandfather was wanting to take me to where he trained to be a hero." I said as I slid on some tight leather pants and then slid on my boots. I looked over at Reaver who was pouting. "Don't pout Reaver...it's not a good look on you" I said as I leaned over to him and kissed him passionately.

"I am willing to share you with your grandfather...so long as I get you all to myself during the night" he winked as he kissed me and I chuckled, "it may take me a few hours before we return...he said it took six hours to and from where we're going." I said as I got off the bed, I walked downstairs, "I'd rather you didn't stay in bed all day Reaver...go out and do something...you rebuilt Oakvale...they see you as mayor..." I shouted to him from downstairs as I walked into the study, I sat at the desk, grabbed the quill, and started to write Rose a letter. After that, I left the house with my weapons and met up with my grandfather at the Oakvale gate. "Ready?" he asked as I smiled and nodded. We started our journey, "so...your fiancee Reaver...what's his deal?" Silvyr asked as I arched an eyebrow, "it's like he wants to talk to me...but then can't find the words and then it's like he's remembering something horrible..." he explained, "Reaver has been through a lot...his village was sacrificed when he was younger...he was the only survivor..." I told him, "hmm...it's like he knows me from long ago...but that would be impossible unless he could live forever" Silvyr shrugged, "well...Theresa gave me the ability to live forever...that's when I stepped down from being the queen and handed it over to my eldest who was overthrown by his baby sister who now sits the throne...my eldest now lived in Bowerstone Market with his newly wedded wife which I know you've met because we were invited to their wedding" I said as he looked at me, "so that's why rose and you look the same" he spoke as I chuckled and nodded. "Let's not forget about you, grandfather,...you're a little bit younger than Theresa but you're still old," I said as he laughed (I could hear the Fable 1 main character laugh that you can do) "yes, you are correct...I may be younger than my sister...but I think she outranks both of us when I say she's old" he said as I laughed, "are the two of you finished?" Theresa asked through our minds as I jumped a little, "sorry Theresa" we both said in unison. "Besides, Reaver is the second oldest being on Albion...therefore I am not the only old one," she said as grandfather grew confused, "we were trying to find the right time to tell him Theresa" I growled slightly, "my apologize..." she spoke as she appeared. "Tell me what?" grandfather asked, "do you remember the second time Oakvale was attacked?" she asked as he nodded, "it was the Shadow Court"  he replied as she nodded slightly. "Reaver was the one who accidentally traded the village to the Shadow Court for immortality...he did not know what would happen." Theresa explained as Silvyr looked at us, "okay...and?" he asked as I grew confused, "we thought you would try and hurt him seeing as he was the reasoning you home was destroyed a second time" I spoke as he chuckled, "it was in the past...it's been rebuilt it's fine..." he spoke as I thought for a moment, "a-all right...let's continue with our journey"  I shrugged as he nodded and we started walking again.

It took us several hours to reach our destination, "this was once known as the Hero's Guild...after the bandit raid on Oakvale when I was a child...the leader of the guild, Maze brought me here...here I was raised by the Guildmaster, when I was strong enough, I fought and defeated Maze and Jack of Blades..." he spoke as he placed a hand on the stone pillar that stood wrapped in different shades of green vines. I sat on a rock and took my boots off, I tipped it over and heard several rocks fall out. "How about you?" he asked turning to me as I slid the boot back on only to take the other boot off and repeated my actions. "What about me?" I cocked me head to the side as I stood up, "Theresa told me you lost your older sister?" he asked as I grew quiet, "yeah..." I said walking along some of the stones, "I was rather young when I lost her...but I remember it like it was yesterday...guess dying to bring Jack of Blades back jogged my memory of that night..." I sighed as I looked at a sparrow bird building a nest. "The man who killed her killed me as well...he should've gone out into the winter night that night and made sure I was dead..." I looked over at him, "Theresa found me, adopted me, and nursed me for ten years. She's the only family I had back then. She raised me in a gypsy camp, by the time I was twenty, she knew I was ready to become what I am now..." I explained as he cocked his head to the side, "and what are you?" he asked as I looked at him, "I'm a hero...it flows through my veins. No matter what I do, I have a duty to the people of Albion. I know that I can never try and retire...heroes never stop being heroes..." I told him as he smirked, "you think you're a hero? There's only one way to truly find out...do you know what that is?" he asked as I cocked my head to the side in confusion, "duel the greatest hero in all of Albion..." he spoke as he pulled out his sword. 'Well...shit...' I sighed as I pulled my sword off of my back and looked at him. "You do realize...that I already defeated an evil version of you right?" I arched an eyebrow, "then you should be fine" he spoke as I smirked and got ready to fight him.