*27 Years Later* Ch.2

As I drove outta sight from the asylum, I sat in my driver's seat thinking about all that had happened not just in the past but all the things in between as well.
There are so many things I wish turned out different but that's why the past is called the past, it's over and passed by and its something you can not change no matter how much you hope you could do so...

As I drove past the country sides and looked at the vast lands of green and trees, it got my mind off of things at least for awhile anyways.....suddenly from the corner of my eye I thought I saw a flash of red?.....

I glanced around and saw nothing when my eyes got fixed back on the road, I screeched on my brakes as my car came to a complete stop. Looking directly in the middle of the road and out of nowhere came a lonely red balloon. Remembering seeing these when I was a teen not so long ago and it made my heart sink at first I thought it was just my tired eyes playing tricks on me....

I rubbed my eyes to get any trace of sleep out of them, and when I did....the balloon was gone
"That was really weird" I thought to myself my mind is just playing tricks on me is all I need some rest. I finally put the car in drive and drove back into town seeing as everything slowly came back into view, I eventually decided to go to one place I felt semi well....clear minded if you will and that was the quarry a place where it was quiet and serine.

I parked the car out by the end of where the walk path began where I use to ride bikes with the old gang....I stepped put of the car and took a deep breath and started to walk down the slightly over grown path way, it was nice though to hear the rustle of the trees as the gentle breeze went through them, I finally reached the cliff side and looked down remembering that summer day when we all jumped off the cliff into the cool water below I smirked at the memory.....

I sat down as I gazed out at the view in front of me
"I really wish things were different.....I wish none of the past ever happened...." I said quietly to myself soon enough my phone started to vibrate and I quirked and eyebrow and pulled it out of my jean pocket and saw it to be an unknown number to me but it was from Derry, curious I answered
"Hello?"
At first it was quiet
"Hello?..."
I say again
"(Y/N)?"
The voice said
"Yeah?...who is this?"
I asked the stranger on the other end
"Its Mike....from Derry?"
It was Mike one of my old friends from the past it was kinda nice to hear a familiar voice
"Oh Mike hello....how are you?"
I asked him trying to make small talk
"I am alright but do you remember what we all promised 27 years ago?"
He asked me, at first I had no idea what he was talking about
"I'm sorry I dont remember Mike mind giving me a refresher?"
I asked trying to lighten the tension I felt
"We made an oathe....that if you know what came back....wed all come back as well...."
My heart wretched in my chest I now remember that day when we all cut our hands with the piece of glass Bill had in his hand and we all made a blood oathe, I looked down at my hand where a scar was at and it began to burn a bit when Mike mentioned this to me
"Oh yes......I remember now....does that mean....."
I trailed off at my own question, the other end on the line was silent at first but then finally he spoke again
"Yes.....it has returned to Derry"
I began to shake and felt my heart race
"Can you come to Derry and meet at the old Chinese restaurant?"
He asked , guess he never knew that me and Eddie stayed in Derry all these years
"Yes when?"
I asked him
"Tomorrow night I already called the others well all meet there then...."
I nodded
"I'll be sure to be there Mike and it was good to hear from you..."
I said softly
"You to....see you tomorrow night"
He said then hung up.....

I couldnt believe what I just heard...that what we thought we took care of so long ago....never was completely gone just out of sight for many years and all this time it was still right under our noses, but the question remained
What was going to happen?....
Would everyone show up after all that has happened to us so long ago?.....
How would I break this to Eddie of Mike hadn't already?.....
These and so many more swarmed in my head like angry bees. I finally stood up and ran to my car catching my breath when I finally reached it and got in quickly soon I started to hear some eerily familiar,  that faint crooked sounding rhyme that I use to hear so long ago.....I gazed around and tried to find the source my (E/C) eyes navigating my surroundings to see if I could hear it louder in any other direction I started to hear children's laughter around me making my skin crawl and it seemed to swarm me louder and closer then a big gust of wind came and blew me to the ground beside my car making me gasp and look around again when I finally scrambled to my feet and got my keys the sounds were gone but I didn't let that stop me from getting into my car any slower....

I got in and zoomed off as my tires kicked up the gravel, I gripped my wheel tight my heart still racing at what just happened...or what I thought happened.....

It had to be no doubt....that what we tried to get rid of so long ago.....never even left.....