Adam (AS) - The First Human Being & The First Prophet

Allah (SWT) told the angels that I am creating a Khalifa on the earth. What is the meaning of Khalifa? It has two meaning. One who stands in the place of someone else or one who assumes the position of another.

What did they say? They said are you going to place on earth someone who will shed blood and cause corruption. And they said Ya Allah we worship you, we glorify you. Asking Allah (SWT), are we not doing a good enough job in our tasbih, in our glorifying you. Are we not worshipping you enough?

Now Allah (SWT) responds to them and says I know that which you don’t know. Allah could have given them the reasoning, Allah could have given them the wisdom. Allah certainly knows it. Allah (SWT) doesn’t create without purpose. And it is very beautiful that the scholars say that when Allah (SWT) said I know that which you don’t know. What Allah (SWT) meant by that is that from his creation. You will have the Anbiya, the prophets. You will have Muhammad (SAW). You will have the shuhada, the martyrs. You will have As-sidhikkun, people of truth. You will have people of righteousness that the jinn could not produce at that level. There is no equivalent from the jinn of Rasoolullah (SAW) and in fact from any creation.

How did the angels know that human beings will corrupt on the face of the earth? One explanation is that Allah (SWT) told the angel’s ahead time, that this is what human beings will do. The second explanation is that the jinn were living in the world before and they caused corruption. They shed blood, and they fought with each other. They corrupted this world and they caused so much evil. And then Allah (SWT) sent on them armies from angels and also iblis to fight against them. And then they were pushed and cornered to the island of the ocean.

Iblis was from Al Jinn. Because he was righteous. He was included with the angels and elevated to a very high level among the angels. And now he is hearing Allah (SWT) telling the angels that there is a creation that is superior to the jinn that is going to come. And they are going to be given control of the earth. So there is a jealousy or an envy that already bruing inside iblis before Adam (AS) is even created.
With each other the angels said let Allah create whoever he wants. He would not create someone who is more honorable than us and more knowledgeable than us.

Allah (SWT) created Adam (AS) on the day of Friday, that it is the last hour of the day of Friday. Rasoolullah SAW says Allah created Adam (AS) from a handful of dirt, picked from different parts of the earth. So there was black soil, white soil, yellow soil, different colours. And then some of the soil was taken from the mountains and some of the soil was taken from the valleys and it was mixed together. So the children of Adam (AS) became red, white, black and everything in between. And they became soft and tough, bad and good, and everything in between. So you have some of them are righteous and some of them are evil, some of them are easy to deal with and some of them are tough. They came out according to the material they were created from. And then this dirt was mixed with water. When it was mixed it became mud. And then this mud was left for a while. When you leave mud for a while and the moisture in it reduces, it becomes sticky clay. Then that sticky clay was left for a longer while. The smell of it changed and the colour of it became darker and that is black smooth and smelly clay. That material was taken and Allah (SWT) molded out of it in the form of Adam (AS), the body of Adam (AS). That body was left to dry and it turned into clay like pottery. When you knock on dry clay pottery what happens, it makes a ringing sound.

At that point it was just sitting there without a soul. And iblis started to go by that body. He started to enter into it. He started to leave on it. He started to knock on it and it would make like a vibrating sound as he knocked on it. When he found out that it is hollow, he said this is a creation that is weak. Then he said if I am given influence over you I will guide you astray and if you are given influence over me I will disobey you. He is our enemy from the day one.