The Story Of Prophet Ishaaq and Prophet Yaqoob

Ibrahim (AS) had two children, one is Ismail (AS) and the other is Ishaaq (AS). We know how Ismail (AS) came, from Haajar. And then Ishaaq, he came from his other wife Sarah. There is a gap between Ismail and Ishaaq, about 10 to 15 years, Ismail is older than Ishaaq. Ismail (AS) was in Makkah and Ishaaq was with his father in Palestine. And Ishaaq is the son of Ibrahim (the brother of Ismail). The difference here is, Ishaaq comes from one mother and Ismail comes from another, but they're both brothers. One is the son of Haajar (Ismail) and the other is the son of Sarah (Ishaaq).

Ishaaq (AS) lived in Palestine where his father was. Ishaaq (AS) lived, and Ibrahim (AS) and Sarah (his mother), they lived to see him. He grew up and he was righteous, and Allah mentions him in the Quran among the Messengers of Allah, the devout ones.

Then he had a son named Ya'qoob AS (Jacob). Ya'qoob (AS) also lived to see his grandmother Sarah and grandfather Ibrahim (AS) before they died.

Here I want something to be very clear, because it gives you the understanding of the descendants of all the Prophets and Messengers.

Ya'qoob (AS) is the son of Ishaaq (AS), Ishaaq (AS) is the son of Ibrahim (AS), Ibrahim had Ismail (AS). From Ismail (AS), Muhammad (SAW) comes, and most of the Arabs that way.

Now Ishaaq (AS), he had Ya'qoob (AS). What's another name for Yaqoob? And this is very important for us to understand. Yaqoob (AS), his other name is Israeel (Israel), so this is where Israel comes from. Israeel is the name of Yaqoob, Yaqoob/Israeel. They are one person, two names. Allah (SWT) mentioned that in the Quran, and He mentioned about Israel referring to Yaqoob. Yaqoob (AS) is also mentioned in the Quran, and they lived in Palestine.

Yaqoob (AS) grew old and he had two wives in the beginning. He had ten (10) children from the first wife, and two children (two boys) from the second wife.
The children from the first wife came from the lineage of one of the sons of Noah, and the other ones came from the lineage from the other sons of Noah.

The two sons that came from the second wife were better in conduct and righteousness than all the other ten brothers. They were, Binyameen or Benjamin in English, and the second one was Prophet Yusuf (AS). So they were brothers from the same mother, the other ten from other mother.

Ishaaq ➡️Yaqoob ➡️ twelve children

Those twelve children, they had a lot of offsprings, until at the time of Musa (AS) there were up to 600.00 thousand of them. Those twelve children are the twelve tribes of Bani Israel. The children of Israel go back to those twelve children, they go back to those twelve which are the children of Yaqoob/Israeel (AS).

✒When we say Israeel, what is Israel? What is his religion?
Muslim! He's a Prophet and a Messenger.
✒Those twelve children of Israel, what is their religion?
They are Muslims!

But later on as time came and they distorted a lot in their religion. Majority of them became Non-Muslims or majority of them went out of the borders of Islam.

Speaking about that, this is what summarizes where all the Prophets and Messengers come back to

Ismail (AS); which is branched all the way to Muhammad (SAW), and Ishaaq ➡️ Yaqoob; branched all Bani Israel.
All the Prophets that we will be writing about now, most of them or 90➡️ of them come back from Bani Israel. Most of the Prophets that we will be writing about: Musa, Esa, Haroon, Dawud, Suleiman, they're all from Bani Israel, they come back to that branch.

Ishaaq (AS), he lived in Palestine, he called to Allah (SWT), and Allah took his soul in the Khaleel. Khaleel is the same place where Ibrahim (AS) passed away, and he was buried in the Khaleel in Palestine.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Assalam'alaikum... I know this story is very short. But this is all I found out. In Shaa Allah in the story of Yusuf AS we'll know more about Yaqoob AS but I couldn't find anymore on Ishaaq AS.

رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلۡ مِنَّآۖ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡعَلِيمُ

"Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the knowing."

-Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah 127

This story was taken from The Prophets Path YouTube channel.