Chapter twelve: unfamiliar

Jade's POV:

During the last few days Perrie spent all of her time on planning everything for the trip. She tried to make me believe that it was all because she wanted to make me happy but luckily I knew better. I tried to find out more about her plan towards my mother but I was always watched. I knew that the argument with my mother got more and more serious since she watched me even more closely.

"Have you started packing?", Perrie suddenly asked while I was lost in my thoughts. I shook my head and looked down. "You should. We will go tonight.", she said and I sighed. "Do we have to go on a trip?", I asked very careful and her eyes widened for a second. "Why shouldn't we? Don't you think it would be nice to be away from all the gang stuff you hate so much?", she asked and raised her eyebrow.

"I just... Don't think it's a good idea to go alone...", I replied and she chuckled. "Because of my enemies? You are afraid that we could get attacked and be completely without protection right?", she asked and I nodded even though I was more afraid of her than her enemies... "Don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you. I assure you that I took care of everything to make our stay safe.", she said and I sighed.

"Perrie... I appreciate what you did but I really don't want to go on this trip.", I said very careful but it was enough to make her face darken. "Why?", she breathed out and I gulped. "Because... I don't want to be isolated somewhere with you because you think you can fix the damage you caused this way.", I said and her hands started to shake.

"You should be grateful for what I do for you! I'm not nearly as nice to everyone else as I am to you! I do so much to make you comfortable around me and yet I still constanly see the hatred in your eyes when you look at me!", she started to yell and I flinched but I was tired to be treated like this... "You kidnapped me and killed two people infront of me! You even threatened to hurt my friend! How can you possibly believe that someone like me could appreciate that just because you plan a 'nice' trip?! I will never love a gang leader no matter how much you try to be like a normal person!", I yelled back and she instanly got pale.

"But this gang leader loves you and you will learn to return those feelings because I will be the only person you can ever love. You have plenty of time to let your feelings develop during the trip.", she said very dry and it surprised me since I thought she would explode. "You can't force someone to love you.", I said and she chuckled while I looked at her very terrified.

"Oh but I can break them into loving me. It's not my first choice but if you continue to fight back against me, I won't hesitate to do that. Never forget who you're talking to Jade Thirlwall.", she said and a lump was forming in my throat. "Go and start packing. I want you to be done tonight.", she said before she walked out of the room and locked the door behind her.

I instanly tried to open the door but it was hopeless. "Let me out!!", I yelled while I pounded against it. "You will stay in there until tonight. I don't want you to be distracted while you are packing.", she said and I growled very frustrated before I started crying. I hated to cry infront of people, so I was glad no one could see me now even though Perrie already saw me cry multiple times.

What did I ever do to deserve this? I just wanted to go back home to my family... I missed going to school with Leigh Anne and just joke around about harmless things in life. I never wanted to be a part of this brutal world... All I wanted from my parents was that they stopped being so overprotective and just give me more freedom but now I understood why they did that... They had too many enemies.

I was stupid enough to not even try to understand why I needed so much protection and now I ended up not having any freedom at all. I silently cried into my arms for a while before I started packing. I didn't want to make Perrie even more angry. No matter how often I told her that I didn't want to go on this trip, she would get what she wanted anyway.