21

This is an abacus:

*************

Taehyung was sitting cross-legged on Bogum's bed, pretending to listen to what the other man was rambling on about. He nodded a couple of times and faked a smile, hoping it was convincing enough.

"Taehyung." Bogum called out.

"Hellooooo? Taehyung?"

"Earth to Kim Taehyung?" Bogum said, clicking and waving in Taehyung's face.

"H-huh?" Taehyung said, zoning back in.

"What do you think?" Bogum asked.

"A-about what?"

"Were you even listening to anything I said?" Bogum pouted playfully.

"I-I was-" Taehyung spluttered in embarrassment.

Bogum laughed and stared at him fondly, leaning forwards and briefly kissing him on the cheek.

"You're so cute." He smiled. "I was asking if you want to go out to dinner with me today."

"D-dinner?"

"Yes. Dinner. It comes after lunch." Bogum chuckled. "There's a particular place which I love and I've been meaning to take you for a while now. We can go together. Only the two of us."

"Like a dinner d-date?" Taehyung asked nervously.

"Preferably." Bogum replied. "It's formal wear too."

"I-I don't know Gummie." Taehyung said hesitantly.

"Why not?" Bogum asked, slightly irritated. "I thought you liked me, Taehyung, yet you always reject my company. That doesn't exactly make me feel good."

"S-sorry." Taehyung mumbled. "I-I'll go."

"Great." Bogum smiled. "We'll be leaving at 7pm, so you should find a babysitter for Yeonjun." he said, before walking away and leaving the room.

Taehyung bit his lip to prevent himself from screaming in frustration. He honestly wanted to curl into a ball and disappear forever, but he heaved his body off the bed and picked his phone up from the table, dialling Seokjin's number.

"Jinnie?" He said.

"Hey TaeTae. You sound like shit. What's wrong?" Jin answered.

"N-Nothi-"

"And don't say nothing, because I know something's up. Do you want me to swing by your house so we can talk?" Jin asked.

"Don't bother. I'm not even home." Taehyung replied.

"Where are you? Wait. Don't tell me you're at Bogum's house again, Tae." Jin sighed in disappointment.

"..."