❣14❣

"Will you marry me, Ruby Jane?"

I was lost for words for some moments trying to process what was happening.

Lisa was proposing? SHe wanted to get married, she wanted me to be her wife. Was I ready for this?

There was silence in the room and I could feel everyone's eyes on my back. Lisa's Adam apple bobbed nervously as she waited for my answer.

There was no denying the truth, even with all the hate I felt for her, my feelings for her were still there.

"Yes," I said with a big smile.

Everyone behind me cheered, Lisa looked excited and relieved at the same time.

"Really?"

SHe whispered looking a bit surprised.

"Yes, " I said nodding my head with tears brimming at the edge of my eyes.

SHe put the ring slowly and kissed the finger. SHe stood up and stepped closer taking my two hands.

"I promise to be the best dadda and the sweetest and most loving partner, Ruby."

SHe said softly.

"Just kiss her already!"

Jisoo screamed.

"I love you."

SHe kissed me before I could say the words back.

It was a soft kiss that held so much meaning and different emotions.

SHe smiled against my lips when we broke the kiss, everyone cheered behind us.

"I love you too."

I whispered with a soft smile.

SHe kissed my head and put her arms around me. I hugged her back relishing the warmth from her body, I could hear her heartbeat, it was beating really fast.

Was she that nervous?

We pulled away but not completely. Lisa kept one arm around me as we walked to where everyone was standing.

Riley and Joohyun made jokes about my long silence before I said yes. I spoke to a few people before we cut the cake my mom baked.

Everyone got a slice and we had a toast with the big Champagne. We were all sitting in a circle on the sparkling floor.

There was no furniture since the house was still new and empty. We laughed as my mom told everyone about the tricks I did when I was little to skip school because I couldn't face my 1st-grade classmates who witnessed me pee on myself because I couldn't solve a math problem on the board. It was embarrassing but I was glad to see everyone laughing.

I looked down at Zoey who was sitting between my legs and eating the little piece of cake I gave her.

Her mouth and hands were dirty from the cake.

I turned to look at Wyatt who was between Lisa's legs. He was so engrossed in trying to remove Lisa's wristwatch from her wrist.

I frowned at Jisoo when she decided to tell everyone about me trying to drown my neighbour's dog because he pooped on my homework.

"I was nine and it took hell to solve those math problems, " I screamed as everyone turned to look at me.

Joohyun shared a funny story from her childhood. I took a glance at Haein. He was sitting next to Jisoo, he stared at her as she laughed at something Joohyun said.

He smiled and took a sip from his flute glass. I knew Jisoo liked him too but she was doing a good job hiding it.

I looked away and stared at Zoey who was rubbing her dirty hand on her shirt.