Chapter 9

*Chapter is not edited yet*

A month have passed since Draco and Fortuna made their relationship official. In a month various things have changed.Fortuna's friendship with Harry and Ron was non-existent anymore. Every so often she engaged in brief conversations with Hermione in the library, but nothing was like before.Her friendship with Hera and Aragon was going stronger than ever. They were inseparable, they had each other's back for everything. Since Fortuna wasn't 'friends' with the Griffyndor trio, fellow Slytherins became more accepting towards her. During their social time in the common room several people, in her year group or younger, wanted to chat with her or offered a chess tournament, which she gladly accepted.

It was the 19th of November which meant that Christmas was closer than ever. Fortuna wasn't a fan of Christmas. From a young age she was stuck at home, with people she didn't like or people who she didn't even know. Christmas day was always chaotic as ever in her house, people running left and right. She never comprehended why they were celebrating it, if half of the family didn't even respect each other. It was such an oxymoron.

After dinner Fortuna began her usual prefect patrol in the hallways, to ensure that other students are not breaking curfew. It took her less than 30 minutes to go around her assigned spots, and when she finished, Fortuna went back to the Slytherin common room.
Usually, she would have been accompanied by Draco, but since his mission has taken a lot of time from him, he wasn't doing as much patrols anymore.
Fortuna knew he wasn't allowed to say anything about the mission, but she was equally concerned for her boyfriend. He wasn't sleeping at all, and if he did, it was just for a few hours. He became really thin. He wasn't eating well, and everytime Fortuna tried to bring that up to him, he always cut her off by saying "honestly love, it's fine. Do not worry about me. It's all good."
Obviously,Fortuna did not believe a single word of what he said. This mission was taking over him in the worst way possible. Not just physically but also mentally. She is scared for his well being.

Besides the Draco situation, Fortuna had to deal with her family as well. Her father and his family side, all joined with the Dark Lord. Everyone except Fortuna's mother. If her mother would have declined to join the death eaters, Fortuna's father could have asked for an eventual divorce. That was the 'not so bad' option. The other option was that, eventually, they would use the Avada Kedavra spell on her.
If that wasn't enough, her father was tring to persuade her into switching sides by sending her expensive gifts and her favourite foods. It would have been just matter of weeks, if not days, before her father would have explicitly demanded her to join the death eaters.

The real question is, did Fortuna want to join them? Not joining them meant being disowned by his family or worse, killed. However, joining would have meant hurting innocent people and reinforce the horrible Slytherins stereotype that everyone is mean and dangerous. Was she prepared to go against her family beliefs at the age of seventeen?

Fortuna was in her bed, constantly moving, in hope to find a comfortable position for her to sleep. As she was about to drift to sleep she hears the bed curtain open up and Hera speaking,

"Forty are you awake?" Hera asked in a gentle tone.

"Yeah." Fortuna replied with a yawn.

"An owl just left this letter for you.It comes from your family, there is your family's stamp on it." Hera said worried.

Fortuna's eyes immediately flush open and examine the letter from Hera's hands."Thanks Hera. Go back to sleep late."

"Sure. Make sure to sleep though. Goodnight Forty."

"Goodnight Hera."

Fortuna held the letter in her hands, she wasn't sure what to do. She decided the best solution was to just read it all.