Chapter 11

(chapter is not edited)

Fortuna finished gathering up all her needs and began leaving with her father. She did not have the time to say anything to Hera, Aragon or to finish her conversation with Draco. Surely, she was upset and outraged at him, but she wanted to know the exact motives of his actions. However, being the rational person that she is, she also knew that having a conversation with him now, would resort to only more outbursts on her side. So she took advantage of the few days she had out of Hogwarts.
As Fortuna stepped in the train with her father they did not exchange a single word. He was too busy reading the Daily Prophet and she was too busy getting lost in her thoughts. Her eyes move to her ring for a split second. She remembers that during the whole day, her family ring was shining with a purple light. She decided to ask her father about it.

"Father, I have a question. You see, the family ring began to flash into a purple light today. What does that mean?" Fortuna asks.

"Oh, I thought I told you about it. I guess I didn't "her father said while he neatly folded the newspaper "See the ring has several lights. If it shines purple, it means you need to meet up with the person who sent the message. If it is green, it's used to know if you're safe and red means danger is coming. Then there is black. Which means someone passed away."

"Okay, but how do you know who is sending the message. Like who started it?"

"At the bottom right corner you might have noticed a little scratch. Every time your ring shines, look at that corner. You will see the initials of the person who is sending you the message.To reply, just press the family stamp twice"

After their conversation ended, the journey carried on in silence.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As they arrived at home, Fortuna felt a bit nostalgic. She stepped into her room, which was the exact same way she left it before she hopped on the Hogwarts express. Her room had light purple walls and a big kings size bed at the centre. A big walk-in-closet, a table just next to the window with all her drawing utilities and magnificent book shelves. Her eyes wandered towards the night stand, where a broken lamp laid.

It was the beginning of Christmas holidays of the fifth year, and Forty had just got back from 4 tremendous months. Draco was being more picky than usual. Every night after their prefect duties, they talked and talked. But in the morning he was the same old Draco. Picking on her and making side comments. But the worst happened when one day she defended one of her friends, and he said "You are just a useless waste of space for a blood traitor. No wonder why your parents think you're a disgrace." He always used the word 'blood traitor' to annoy Fortuna, but that did not hurt her in any shape of form until that specific day. The words he used against her were private information that she confessed to him, only him. And the way he said those staff, without even thinking how much it would hurt Fortuna, was pathetic.

Fortuna always had this constant pressure from her father to be the best in everything and all. So when something didn't go as she planned, insults were flying her way. Draco knew he crossed a line that he shouldn't have to. However, his ego was just too big for him to apologise. Instead, he stopped picking on Fortuna and only sometimes, he made some small comments about her. He would give her a smile and a nod when they encounter each other in the corridors. However, for Fortuna the worst moments were during their prefect duties. Since they were alone, he tried making it up to her in all the ways he could, but she was too hurt. Draco tried in any way to have a conversation with her, but she couldn't even stare him in the eyes.Going back home for the holidays that year was extremely stressful. Fortuna was under so much stress that anger took over her and punched the lamp, smashing half of it on the floor.