Chapter 10

*this chapter is not edited yet* (this chapter has some references to the song 'Moral of the story' by Ashe)

Thursday, 21 November 6:00 am

A day before Fortuna went back home for the weekend. She wasn't excited at all. Her cousins seemed to be in the same situation as her, since they need going back to their own houses on Friday afternoon, which meant a potential family meeting. Was she thrilled for it? Absolutely not.
But right now that was at the bottom of her priority list. It was from a month and a week, since her and Draco got officially together. As time progressed, he became slightly distant. Everytime Fortuna was mentioning the mission or anything related to it, he would just ignore the question or try to change the subject.She understood he wasn't able to talk about it, but what she couldn't comprehend was why his cronies were allowed to know. Even Pansy Parkinson knew, then why couldn't she?

The day had begun extremely bad for Fortuna. Everytime she was walking into the corridors hallways it seemed like people were afraid of her almost. Long-term friends from the Hufflepuff house would just give her a nod and run away. Her Gryffindor friends were looking at her with disappointment in their eyes. Her relationship with Draco wasn't 'public' just yet, but since Hogwarts is Hogwarts, someone must have spread the voice around.
But was it necessary for her so-called 'friends' to act in such a way? Doesn't matter if Fortuna is dating Draco or not, she is still the same person. The same exact person they meet on their first ride on the Hogwarts express. The same person who gave you candies and warm hugs when you needed the most.

It's hard when the people you care for seem to ignore you all the sudden, but what's harder is to pretend you do not care. One of her many traits that Fortuna was struggling to come to term with her personality was hiding her emotions.
Everytime something happens to her, she shuts herself in. Doubting about herself even more than usual. And that's what Fortuna was doing now, just like a couple of days back. She thought that suppressing her emotions was the best approach for when she will face her father.She just hasn't known yet, things weren't going to be smooth as she thought.

Thursday 9:00 am to 10:30 am, Defence Against the Dark Arts

Fortuna had DADA as her first period. For what she knew they were going to practice non-verbal spells and the shielding charm.
Fortuna walked into the room, which now once again, has been assigned to a different professor. As she stepped into the classroom, she immediately noticed that half of her classmates were already in class. She stands at the back of the classroom scanning with her eyes for her friends. She notices that Aragon and Hera were seated with some of their classmates. She was going approaching Draco when she realises Pansy is sitting next to him. Her eyes burned holes to Parkinson's back.

Jealousy was definitely Fortuna's fatal flaw, which she compared it to a green eyed monster. Jealousy is defined by an extreme emotion like humiliation, rage, and a fear of abandonment. Fortuna's fatal flow began with what she had internalized, that is taken into herself, the prejudices of those who surrounded her. The constant idea that she has to be perfect makes her automatically believe she isn't. In her heart she had come believing what they believed: that someone from the Roach's family should be perfect in any shape or form and if not, they are unworthy of love. With anger in her eyes, she decides to sit at the back of the classroom by herself, until a red robe swings in front of her face.

"Hi-i Fortuna. Could I please sit here?" Neville asks.

Fortuna with a shock expression, but with a shy smile replies "For sure Neville. How are you doing?"

"G-good, thanks. What about you Fortuna?" Neville asks, slightly worried.

Fortuna could have sensed the nervousness, but she decided to not bring it up "It could have been better. But thanks for asking." She replies.