Chapter 2: Let's be cliché

Quick Note: I live in England so the only things I really know about 'High School' in America are the things I've seen in movies and the things I search up so I apologise if I get anything wrong. Enjoy!

The bell rang dismissing the students and allowing them to go and fill their empty stomachs.

"You have an essay due next week, don't forget! It goes to a quarter of your grade!" The student filed out chatting away as they ignored their teacher and instead bolted towards the Cafeteria or wherever else they went during lunch break.

Clarke quickly placed her books in her bag and rushed out but not before the teacher called out her name. She made a face before plastering the smile she'd always seen her mother make when she was in work - she'd liked to call it the 'typical doctor smile' - and turned around.

The teacher smiled back at her. "I wanted to ask if you would like to volunteer to help with the local charity. All the earnings will be going to the Orphanage. All you'll have to do is put up a stand and sell anything you don't need anymore."

Clarke weighed the pros and cons. Pros: This could go in her CV and it would help strengthen the Griffin name. Cons: She'd have to stand outside in the blazing heat for hours. 

"I would love to." She could handle a little heat.

The teacher beamed before he clapped his hands together. "Great! It's this Friday straight after school in the park."

Clarke muttered an 'okay' before she left to only almost barge straight into a Latina with long, silky brown hair. The Latina smirked before nudging her in the shoulder and repeating the words she'd said a few seconds ago with a little edge to it. "I would love to!"

Clarke rolled her eyes before answering back with a grin, "I did not sound like that!"

The Latina grinned, "Yes you did!"

Clarke laughed, "Raven!"

"Just suck it up Griffin, you're a teacher's pet and you know it!"

Clarke rolled her eyes before nudging her friend back in the shoulder as they walked. Raven burst out laughing. She'd met Raven sometime in 10th grade. She'd had a crush on this guy 'Finn' only to find out that his childhood friend also did. They'd fought over him multiple times before he revealed that he already had a girlfriend. They'd both been depressed for about a week before they decided to actually get to know each other and found out that they actually had more in common than they though. Now, here they were, best friends and long over Finn. They'd met his girlfriend and she actually seemed to be a pretty cool girl. She'd been new and he'd been tasked to show her around and before they knew it, they'd hit it off.

A poster on one of the walls in the hallway caught her attention. "Hey Raven, check this out."

Raven stopped and walked back to meet her friend with a sigh. "Clarke! We're gonna miss all the good stuff!"

Clarke ignored her and read the poster. 

Come and see the reveal of the new space ship 'The Ark' tomorrow at 9pm in the National Museum of Science. A picture of a woman in a white lab suit with dark hair and hazel eyes was below the writing, her smile stretched out - the red lipstick on fleek - and her pointing towards a picture of the supposed space ship. The massive infinite sign on the left of her lab suit tucked just underneath her collar was hard to miss.

Clarke felt herself moving and looked away from the poster to see Raven gripping her arms and pulling her away and back towards the Cafeteria.
                                                                               ------------------------
The Cafeteria was filled with the noise of hundreds of conversations jam-packed into one loud slur. Raven and Clarke made their way to a table, food in hand, and slumped down.