Chapter 4: Where is Wells?

Clarke only wanted to see the Ark. She never expect any of this...

[Warning] Season 7 spoilers! (Those who are watching season 7 will know what I mean)

She shook her head. It wasn't unnatural. Her and her family had been all over the news those few years back. It had been posted everywhere.

The Griffins lose a beloved family member to a break-in!

Break-in at the Griffin household! 1 dead and another traumatized!

Jake Griffin's heroic sacrifice to protect his daughter against a group of burglars!

Abby Griffin shows her human side at Jake's funeral!

But it was still strange. Why did Becca Franco know her?

She forced her smile back on her face and held her hand out almost squealing when she placed her hand in hers and shook it. She had such a firm grip and her rough hands only accentuated the amount of hard work she put into her work. She was such a perfect role mode--No! Bad Clarke! Get back to the point!

She (reluctantly) took her hand out of Becca's and cleared her throat. Overtime she'd prepared a mental list of questions to ask Becca if she'd ever had the luxury of meeting her and she'd never once thought that her first question would be this.

"If you don't mind me asking." she fidgeted with her hands staring at the women who smiled back at her waiting patiently for the question as though she'd done this many other times before. "How do you know my name?"

Clarke watched as the smile faded from the woman's face and her eyebrows furrowed.

Had she said something wrong? Why was Becca looking at her like she'd just lost something. Did a person like Becca even lose things?

"Did your mother not tell you?"

Clarke's lips twitched as she let out a seemingly awkward chuckle. "My mother?"

What did her mother have to do with any of this?

Before Becca could answer, the sound of footsteps and the unmistakable glint of goggles invaded her space as Jasper ran up to her.

"Clarke! We've been looking everywhere for you! Raven--" He paused only now noticing the woman in front and gasped. "Holy cow is that...Becca Franco! In person?"

Becca's lips lifted and she took one last glance at Clarke before drawing her attention to the young boy waving his arms around and talking about a best friend called Monty who was apparently obsessed with her. Clarke could only watch as the woman nodded, her signature smile plastered on, and listened to the boy occasionally glancing at Clarke.

"Griffiiiin!"

Clarke shot her eyes away from Jasper and his dramatic arms and focused on the brown tail striking faces as the owner barged through the crowd like the bull she was. She grinned at the girl and responded with her own "Reyeeees!".

Raven broke through the crowd and barreled into Clarke huffing. "Jeez Clarke! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to avoid me--oh my God is that Becca Franco!" Her eyes went wide and her mouth popped open as she stared at the woman standing tall and proud listening to Jasper.

Her eyes went to Clarke in almost an instant as she practically begged to be released from whatever cage Clarke had definitely not remembered putting her in.

"Fine! Go get her."

Raven squealed and lunged towards the woman. "Get your goggles out of the damn way Jordan!"