Chapter Three

P.O.V. Alec

My alarm blares beside me just as I was about to doze off.
Annoyed, I look down at the textbooks on my desk. I had been studying since 5 in the afternoon yesterday. I still had no idea what quantum physics were as a whole but I had no time to figure it out.
I scurried to collect my items, shoving them into my beat up backpack before swinging it over my shoulder.
"Awwy!" My little brother came waddling into my room as I was changing my shirt. "You ish going two be wate!"
"I know, my little cub." I smile, concealing my true personality as I always do.
"Huwwy!"
"Okay, I'll be right out."
He waddles out of my room and to the apartment door, putting on his light up shoes and a light jacket.
Once I'm ready I rush to his side and put my shoes on as well, forgetting a jacket as I grab the keys and walk out the door, Ethan in front of me.
After locking the door I slip the keys into my pocket and hold Ethan's fragile hand as he skips along beside me towards the elevator.
"Can I walks wiff Ewwa today?" He looks up at me after slamming down the elevator button.
"Ella Lane?" I question, tilting my head slightly.
He nods.
"Okay, will their mum be there too?"
"Her dad!"
"Ethan, pronouns." I stumble.
"Sowwy, their dad!" Ethan pulls me into the elevator and I press the lobby button. "Why ish Ewwa they?"
"Ella's parents want them to figure out their own gender, cub." The elevator whirs loudly as it descends.
"Okay!" Ethan smiles sweetly and hugs my leg a bit.

Once the elevator stops, we hurry off and head out the main doors.
Ella and their father come out shortly after us and Ethan joins them on the walk to his school.
I run the two blocks to the closest bus stop and make it just as the bus is leaving so I naturally chase after it. I kid informs the driver and Im allowed on. I sit at the back in the seat Im always in and relax a little.
After about seven or eight stops, a bunny stumbles around in the aisle. We both realize there are no seats so I offer them a seat beside me.
"Sit down." They don't understand. I frustratedly pull them into the seat beside me and we talk.
"You're not as mean as most lemons!" They smile at me. I'll be honest, it was adorable.
"Not yet, anyway." I chuckle a bit. "Why aren't you wearing soft clothes like the other preys?"
"I-I wanted to impress people l-like you..." They stutter and blush, embarrassed.
"By dressing like a.." I examine the outfit "pomegranate?"
"Theyre my sister's clothes! Do you like them or not?" Epi splurges.
"I'd rather your kawaii aesthetic but maybe that's just me." I speak with full honesty to my new found friend.
"Fffff..." Epi tries to swear "...frick!"
"Did you mean to say fuck?" I smirk slightly.
"Pssh... no..."
The bus hits a large speed bump quickly and Epi is flown around in the seat, somehow ending up on my lap.
"I-Im sorry, Alec!" They spit out quickly and attempt to get off.
I hold them in place.
"Seems like you need a seatbelt." It sounded like I was flirting. I wasn't.
"OI, GET OFF MY MANS, RABBIT." My boyfriend screeches in the seat beside us.
"Ray, calm." I demand, still holding Epi. "I just dont want Epi to have random bruises all over them."
"WHAT, LIKE YOU'D SEE THEM?!"
"Ray, CALM." I demand once again. "I never said that, I'm just a decent human being."
Ray huffs loudly and moves into the same seat as Epi and I. He rests his head on my shoulder as Epi sits bridal style in my lap.
"I-I'm sorry... Ray?" Epi shakes slightly.
"Thats Raymond to you." He growls lowly.
"Ray.." I threaten, making him shut up.
"Sorry, Raymond. I-I'm Epi!" They move their legs, forgetting theyre in a skirt.
"Epi." I avert my eyes, covering Raymond's.
Epi tilts their head confused before realizing and closing their legs.
"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.." They repeat, covering their face, hiding from us.
Raymond huffs once more, craving attention obviously.
"Ray, be a good boy and go get Reece."
"Why do you want Reece?" He seems jealous.
"Ray."
"Sorry!" He quickly retrieves his brother.
I put Epi in Reece's lap and Reece becomes a seatbelt automatically.
"Hi, I'm Reece. You are?"
"E-Epi. W-What are you?"
"Golden retriever! You?" He smiles at Epi as I move Ray into my lap and cuddle him.
"B-Bunny!" Epi is less frightened with Reece. Thats how it usually is with new students.

Eventually, the bus comes to park in the school lot. I carry Raymond off as Reece does the same for Epi.
"Epi, you're our friend now." Ray explains and Reece nods to back him up.
"O-Oh? Okay! Is this t-the extent of the friend group?" They seem to be wishing it was.
"Yes." I declare as I put my needy boyfriend down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

I hope this chapter was long enough and I hope you understand Alec a little better! Soon, I will be revealing piece by piece their looks so look forward to that!
As always, if you see a mistake or if you have feedback (good or bad) tell me!