IV. #We All Have Our Issues

She was crying, begging him not to leave, and he was wrenching her hands off whiles trying to get his suitcase out of the house; the nanny was standing a few meters away, watching the exchange, uncertain of what to do

"Please, please. Don't leave." She pleaded, her tears falling down in torrents.

"I have nothing to do here." He bellowed and pushed her again, harder than the previous, causing her to fall down.

But that didn't stop her; she got back on her feet and stationed herself at the entrance of house. "I'm not letting you leave. You are not stepping out of this house. W-what about our children?" she tried again, using her last card. "How am I going to fend for them on my own?"

They both turned to look at the children, hidden in a corner of the room; the older child enveloping her two younger siblings, as they all sobbed.

He looked back at his wife, his facial expression indifferent, his voice the same, "That's your problem. Deal with it." Then he pushed her aside and stomped out the door.

"Darling, wait, darling, darling... Dufie, Dufie, Dufie!"

Yaa Dufie's eyes immediately flew open. In the dimness, she managed to make out someone sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Dad..." She breathed, her voice trailing off.

"What?" Steph's childlike voice cut into her illusion.

Yaa Dufie sighed and close her eyes. In a strained voice she asked, "Steph, what do you think you're doing?"

"I'm waking you up. Remember? We have a church service to attend this morning. And I promised that I'll wake you up."

Yaa Dufie harrumphed and turned over to her other side. "What time is it?"

"6AM."

"Have you bathed?" she asked, her voice sounding sleepy.

"No. But -"

"Good." Yaa Dufie cut her off. "You go and take your bath, and then come wake me up. I'll bath after you're done."

"Sure." Steph agreed and went to do as she was told.

Yaa Dufie just snuggled deeper into her blankets, sleep beginning to take over. As she fell deeper into slumber, an image of her father came into view. "Dad..." She mouthed, before she fell asleep.

She was younger, a child. And she sat in his lap. He was sitting in the driver's seat of his car; one hand on the steering wheel, the other wrapped protectively around her torso. She put both hands on the wheel and tried to pull. He removed his hand from her torso to pry her little hands from the wheel.

"Hey there, Little One." He chuckled as she fought to keep her hands on the wheel. He held her hands, so tiny and fragile in his grip. His fingers were warm and so was his smile when she peered into his face, a small smile tugging at her own lips. "Leave the driving for daddy. Daddy's going to drive, and you," her hugged her closer to his chest. "are just going to relax and enjoy the ride."