Chapter Eight // Anachronism ( INCOMPLETE )

[WARNING: CRINGE WRITING LOL! I MADE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 AND IM LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF RN. EITHER WAYS, I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYYY]

[edit] - this is probably shocking or not but I've already quitted on this book. Don't get me wrong, I love this book. It was the first project I've experimented on. But ya know, times change. So do I. As much as I am disappointed at myself for quitting so early. I'm proud to have started to project when I was one naive babey lol. Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed reading this smOl cringey book. Stay safe everyone!

Anachronism. The action of attributing something to a period to which it does not belong.

Silence, nothing but calming silence was all you can hear in this crooked place

Silence, nothing but calming silence was all you can hear in this crooked place. This silence seems so familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. Could it be because of the endless nights she used to endure back home? Probably or probably not. But no matter how much she tried to answer this prickly riddle; she couldn't. She wonders why.

The silence itself was a bit creepy even for (Y/N), somehow she still found a speck of calmness in this so called Wolf Circus.

How cute, isn't it?

==[ Start Anew ]==

"Quit it, Pops!"

"Why should I? I'm only trying to help!"

Another day, another quarrel. Will we ever to get to see a civilized conversation between these inseparable friends? I hope so— heck, we all hoped for something nice. Like spending time together without ever having an argument for a second. Oh well, we never really have the right to stop the inevitable.

But The two seems to be in good shape right now, not that they never seemed that way, they just looked livelier since ever. Wait a minute... something's quite off.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I don't need your help!"

"Oh really? 'Cause I don't see any fire coming out of that weird box!"

"That's because you kept turning the control knobs back to 0!"

"Well all this shouting ain't gonna help us (Y/N)! You know that."

"I know—!"

Oh right! Here we have the reckless clown and the caring but ever so terrifying (Y/N), fighting over the old gas stove who Kedamono happened to found somewhere in the circus. Popee, who only wants to help seems to make things harder for (Y/N) to fully operate the device. She wholeheartedly appreciates his thoughtfulness but she believes she can handle this alone.

"S-stop!"

"No you stop it!"

"Don't touch that!"

"W-wait!"

The hot oil-filled pan collided with the water causing a huge fireball. It was a good thing that Popee's sharp reflexes swiftly took her away from the fire, sadly this instinct of his didn't prevent the tents from ablaze.

They left the tent as the fire spreads deeper through the inside. Kedamono came running, shock of what just happened. The timid wolf may be well-mannered and sweet but this attitude didn't hesitate to shot us a furious look that'll stick with them for ages.

 The timid wolf may be well-mannered and sweet but this attitude didn't hesitate to shot us a furious look that'll stick with them for ages

What's going on!? This whole situation doesn't make sense!

...

Right... 20 minutes earlier...

Before the accident, Kedamono was found cleaning the farthest tent from the entrance. He checked all the cardboard boxes; dusty cabinets; insects' nest; wait what?

He did all the possible ways to properly clean and.

==[ INCOMPLETE ]==

[As you may notice, this book took a darker and more mature path lol. Originally, I planned to make this a stagnant slice of life book but my feelings stirred the wheel and now it's like this pffft. Either way, I hope you like it!]