𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1: 𝑳𝒊𝒂𝒓

I walked over. Stumbling in my black heels. My hair was curled. My dress was the color 'Champagne'. I felt like I drank that once I saw him. I wanted to trip and stumble into his arms. His smile was unlike any other guys. It could easily light up a room. Why. Why?

I don't like anyone. People like me. That's how it works. Is it not? 

I could feel my heart beating every stupid step I take. Once I got behind him I saw another girl. Like a lion or whatever lion claiming its territory- Now that I think about it. Isn't it a seal with its rock? Whatever.

She was Ukraine. What? I know my countries. The European ones. When you share a border with an Idiot you learn to know the not idiot countries. America namely. I couldn't believe I am a mother to the southern states. 

Ukraine was Blue ontop and Yellow underneath. Pretty choice of colors if I do say so myself. She wouldn't be a bad choice. But she forgets-

"Nada, someone is behind you!" Ukraine pointed out

"Nothing? That's your name?" I asked as he turned around. I blushed in embarrassment. Canada raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing? No no no- The name is Canada!" He said brightly, Urkaine walked away. He smiled and let his hand out to shake my hand. I let out mine and shook his.

"Nada in Spanish means nothing, so apologies for that," I said. I apologized. Me. What is going on with me today? This has to be lies right? I don't like him. I don't like anyone.

"Apology accepted!" He said brightly, I walked away. I wanted to leave and convince myself I can't like someone after seeing them. It feels wrong to me. I called a uber and went home. I couldn't get him out of my head,

Everything was so genuine and too-good-to-be-true about him. It most likely is. I stayed home for a week. Convincing myself this isn't what I want. I don't like him. DO NOT LIKE NADA!

I said his nickname in my head-

"This is the worst," I muttered sitting on my couch. My dog was named Rubio. It was a golden retriever that one of my boyfriends left at my house and never came back for the fella.

"Guess we don't know when to stop lying huh?" I said petting Rubio.

"Me too bud. If I have to lie to myself about him. So be it." I said as he got on my couch and found a spot to sleep in.