Past shadowing Future

At around the dinner time 9pm when he stepped into the house....he could smell the aromatic smell of deliciously prepared meals....

The moment he entered he felt like it was old times ....

It was only them...

The kiddos had gone to bed he supposed.....

Rest old clan was sitting.....lakshmi amma was sitting on her wheel chair ...

His brothers, and meena anniwas sitting in the nadumuttam.....central courtyard in their house from where the moon was visible....

Moon....

"Anga paarungalen ....nila dharboosini madiiri iruku" echoed in his ears.....

A distant memory it was from their happy couple time....

He saw his elder anni and his better half walking to and fro from kitchen to the dining area in the middle of the house....bringing the fingerlicking food....

Kanna, the foodie was the first to acknowledge him...

Kanna: vaa annan....ivalavu neram enga pona......

Kathir: varen da...

Jeeva: aaman da....naanga vararthukulaye....nee kadai lendu kelambiten nu mama sonnaru....

Apram enga da pona ivalavu neram....

Kathir: chumma apdiye bike la....oora suthi...m

Moorthy: paara ivana.....

Oor suthi paka poannanam.....

Dhanam: dei thaniya enda pona....

Kanna: annan....enna chinna kozhandaya.....thaniya yen pona nu keka.....

Moo: dei kanna....periya manushan aatam pesadhada....

Jeeva: ellei.....indha pulla mullai aa yum kooti poirukalam la....

3 varushathuk apram vandiruka....

Andha pulaikum un kooda varanum nu thonadha enna....

Kanna: adhane ......

Kathir looked at his wife who was boring her eyes into his.....making him go into a trance just like old times....

Kathir:

Dei Naan enna odiya poga poren....ini inga dane irupen....

That brought a smile on her face....a smile that needed to be seen through a microscope....if for his scrutinizing eyes....he wouldn't have understood her smile.....

But that didn't bring a smile on his face like old times.....

He ate the yummy dinner served.....he knew each and every dish were the delicacies he enjoyed.....and it was made by his wife....

He can never forget her taste....

They all completed dinner and he went with jeeva for a small walk...like old times....

Relishing the old memories.....

Jeeva mentioning how each n every member of the house missed him....right from amma...anna....anni....him....kanna....and even meena.....

He had given special accredite to mullai....telling how she was a brave girl....

Despite missing him dearly  ..she made sure ...none else missed him.....

He wanted to prolong the walk....bait more time before he stepped into the space he shared with her....

Kat: annan....innum konjam dooram nadakalam....