^still just kids(2)

Nini remembered the day when she was round at Ricky's house and Mike got out his old guitar and gave it Ricky. They sat there in his room for hours trying to learn to play it, Nini had to lay it on her lap to reach all the strings. Ricky laughed as she tried to stretch her arm about it. 

"Maybe you should try a ukulele?" He suggested, she furrowed her brow she didn't like the idea of giving up but maybe getting a ukulele was a better idea instead of waiting years for her arms to grown long enough to hold it properly. Her moms and Ricky's dad were leant against the door frame watching this scene. Dana turned and smiled at Carol, they knew what they were going to do. 

A week later, Carol and Dana called Ricky and Nini down from her bedroom. They had a box hidden behind their backs. 

"Nini, we've got a gift for you." Dana announced, Carold handed her the box with a grin. Nini looked up at her moms and then Ricky confused. Ricky shrugged having no idea either. She prised open the box to find a light brown ukulele decorated with a yellow sunflower adorning the bottom right. Nini practically grinned from ear to ear as she raced to hug her moms then dragged Ricky upstairs to play it.

"I should write a song" She said nochalantly as she looked the book of chords she had in her hand. "But what about?" She stared out the window wistfully then something snapped in her brain, "Clouds."

"What?" Ricky laughed, 

"Clouds. I'm going to write about clouds" She was settled, she sat on her bed and begin to strum random chords seeing what would sound best. 

"I'm proud, to say I like clouds.

But I vowed, I'd never be loud about my love for clouds.

Sometimes they overcroud, the sky.

Are they allowed? And why?

I like the sun, it's more fun but I'm still wowed, 

by clouds."

She rattled off random words that rhymed with clouds as she strummed playing the few chords she knew randomly. It sounded a little weird but to be fair it was about clouds and her first song. But to Ricky, it was perfect. He clapped and whistled, yelling and applauding. 

"WOOO! Go Nini!" He shouted, she laughed and blushed hiding behind her hair. "That was amazing Neens. Let's go show your moms." She followed him downstairs and she spent the evening playing little songs for her moms and her bestfriend.  

It was fourth grade and Ricky had come over to Nini's house after school, 

"Niniiiiii, I'm hungry do you have any food?" Ricky moaned, slumped on the sofa. 

"Didn't you eat at school?" 

"I mean, yes. But I'm huuunngryyyy" He yelled. 

"Alright, go look in the kitchen" Nini giggled as lay down next to him on the sofa. But he was only there for a second before he raced off into the kitchen to find some food. He scowered the kitchen for 10 minutes but couldn't find much. He returned to the living room eating bread, 

"Hey Nini do you think this bread looks weird?" He said showing it to her,

"Oh my god! Ricky!" She shouted, slapping the bread out of his hand. "How much of that have you eaten?" 

"Like three slices, why?" He said panicking. 

"That was my science project. I had 3 weeks worth of mouldy bread in that box." She ran to check the box. "And you've eaten most of it..." She trailed off. Slumping back to Ricky she sighed, "It was due tomorrow, and now I've got no project." He put his arm about her shoulder,