;late at night

You woke up, Steven's arms around your waist, you're throat dry and check the red numbers on your alarm clock, 3:45 am.

You groaned at the thought of getting out of bed, but you knew if you didn't now you'd end up lying awake for hours.

You slowly pulled Steven's arms off of you, trying not to wake him up. It was unsuccessful, groans of anger coming from him the moment you sat up.

"Don't go," he mumbled, as his eyes barely opened.

"I'm just gonna get that water bottle, baby." You point at the bottle across the room.

"Mmm alright," the words were barely out of his mouth.

You got up, the cold floor causing you to jump.

You sleepily walked across the room.

You drowned more than half of the water bottle. Walking back into the bed you set the bottle down on the bedside table and just as you were about to get back under your blankets, you caught sight of Steven and just how adorable he looked.

You sighed, admiring him for a moment.

He had one arm out, on your side of the bed, waiting to be wrapped around you again, the other under his pillow. Half of his face was squished against the bed.

You slid under the covers, facing him and gently put his arm in it's spot on your waist.

Seeing him up close only confirmed how cute and how much of a softy he was and suddenly you weren't as tired anymore, the burst of affection woke you up. You just wanted to look at him forever.

"I love you," you whispered, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

You'd never said it out loud before, only in your head.

You guys weren't used to talking like that to eachother, and you hope he didn't hear, since he might not feel that way and it's just gonna hurt your feelings.

You weren't sure what it was about this moment.
You took one more look at him before turning so your back was facing him. You felt his arm tighten around you, pulling you close.

You closed your eyes, ready to let sleep take over once again when you felt the tickle of his mouth by your ear and heard the words, "I love you too."