Chapter Five: Spin The Bottle

A/N: Sorry for the extremely long wait, hope you enjoy!

    A/N from Sunrise_Mist (gasp):
These next few chapters drift the story away from Sciset, going on about Rarijack and Flutterdash.

Rarity's POV

"MOTHER!!" I shouted down the stairs for my mom, she was helping me set up the afternoon of events, I assigned her to set up the snacks.

I heard her voice from my bedroom. "It's okay Rarity! I have the snacks done!" I let out a sigh of relief. I was walking down the stairs when I heard the doorbell ring throughout the house. I sped up my pace and ran to the door, I was greeted by Applejack.

“Oh,” I laughed. “You’re early.”

“Ah am? Crap, sorry Rares, Granny Smith’s habits must be wearin’ off on me.” She stepped inside sliding off her shoes. “When should the others be here?”

I glanced over to the clock we had next to the TV. “I’d say, about 10 minutes?” She stepped aside and set her stuff down, a small red bag. 

Once she was seated on the couch, next to me, I subconsciously started to use my hands to drum my legs. I glanced around trying not to make it awkward, but it already was.

As my eyes were flitting around the room, I heard Applejack clear her throat as an attempt to get my attention. It worked, my eyes drifted back towards Applejack. "Rarity…?" She asked this in a tone that almost sounded scared. Her face flushed a new color of red.

We were looking directly into one another's eyes. “Rarity,” she repeated again, with more volume. “I-”

    The doorbell rang, making Applejack and I flinch. “I’ll get it,” Applejack quickly told me standing up. The doorbell continued ringing, over and over again. I covered my ears, waiting for Applejack to open the door.

“Ah swear to God if you don’t-”

“Applejack!” Pinkie squealed, banging the door (A/N: May or may not be a Friendship is Violence reference-). Applejack swung the door open in hopes to get her to stop. Once Pinkie was inside, she threw her backpack on the ground making me flinch. “I'm here!! Were you guys waiting for me?"

    Applejack glanced back at me. “Yeah, sure - I guess.” Pinkie pulled Applejack into a tight hug. When she finished, she gave her a big smile. Pinkie dropped her stuff next to the stairs, which were located to the right of the front door. Then she bounced over to the family's fuzzy blue chair. Applejack sat on the bottom step of the stairs, waiting to see if anyone else would show up in the moment. 

    She was right to sit there, because a few minutes later, we heard what sounds like a planned knock at the door. Applejack perked up at the sound. Standing up, she grabbed the door handle, pulling it open until we saw a familiar purple-haired girl.

    "Twahligh'!" I heard Applejack greet Twilight with her southern accent, and looked up.

    "Welcome, darling!" Right as Twilight was walking in the door, Fluttershy mysteriously appeared behind her. "Oh my! Fluttershy, how did you- oh nevermind, we're happy to see you could make it." 

I clapped my hands together and told everyone to wait in the living room.

    Right when I was closing the door, something prevented me from closing it. There was a black boot in the way of the door. I opened it all the way, only to be greeted by a smiling Shimmer, she stepped into the house and bowed. We laughed at her little show.