CHAPTER II

Bella had always suspected that the students at Forks High were gossipers with the way word spreads all over in a single day, sometimes it doesn't even take the whole day to happen. She can never understand how the news spreads like a wildfire in the school. Why would people even want to know such news? Most of the gossips aren't even accurate. One time, she and Jessica almost had an argument when people made a rumour about her dating Edward Cullen. Ew.

    Don't get her wrong. Edward is far most one of the handsome guy she had ever met but the thought of dating him? No thank you.

    Edward was a great company and friend. Nothing more, nothing less. Why would people start thinking that the duo are dating? Just because he offered to drive her to school when her truck was being fixed doesn't mean they're dating. She had expected that Alice saw a vision of her and had Edward offer to drive her to school. The Cullen's had been but a second family to her. Of course, she figured out that they are vampires after the truck incident but it's not like she wanted to figure it out. When she came to know of their existence she planned to stay away from them for their sake. Was she scared? A little bit. They are vampire's for pete sake but she didn't want to hurt their feelings by ignoring them so she continued to be friends with them though Rosalie seems to hate her with all the glares she's received. The only people she seems to get along with are Alice and Edward. The two treated her like family and she loved it. She was an only child so having two people treat you like you're their baby sister comforted her.

    Parking her truck right beside her friends car, she got out and found the quartet leaning on Mike Newton's car. Jessica was the first to notice her and wave at her. The almost argument with Jess was heated and had her worried to lose her friend. Good thing they pushed past it and continued being friends although she would notice Jessica fidget whenever she's around. "Hey Bella." Jessica greeted followed by a chorus of 'hey' from the other three. She nodded at them with a smile as she approached them. "Great timing. I was just about to tell the guys something important." Bella rose an eyebrow in interest on what Jessica had to say. She knew that Jessica was one of the gossipers at school and would often find herself questioning if everything that Jessica has said was true or not. So far, the only gossip that was true was that the Cullen's keep to themselves, but for a great reason. "Something important?" She repeated and Jessica nodded. "We have new students." Bella frowned at that. How was getting new students something important. She was new and all she got was unwanted attention that had her squirming in her seat. "Jessica, getting new students isn't a new thing." Angela said in a motherly tone which made Eric smile at her as he wrapped his shoulder around hers. Jessica rolled her eyes and waved her hands. "I know but that's not what's important. What's important is who the new students are." Bella could tell that she was itching to just spit it out but wanted to keep the tension for dramatic effects.

    "Harper's back." She said with a wide smile. Eric widened his eyes as Angela's jaw dropped and Mike froze beside Jessica. Bella was confused by their reactions so she spoke. "Who's Harper?" Jessica turned to her with the widest smile ever and couldn't help but wonder how her cheeks aren't hurting from the smile. "Harper Vanderson, daughter to one of the most influential family here at Forks." Jessica explained briefly. "The Vanderson family is one of the most influential and empirical families at Forks. There's also the Locke's, Smyth's and Wildrof's. The Wildrof's are the most powerful in a way. Those four families live in one house." Eric scoffed. "If you can call their place a house." Jessica ignored him. "They moved away two years ago to Switzerland, probably to branch out their business." "Business?" Bella asked as she adjusted her backpack. "All four families are involved with business. Mr. Wildrof's the best surgeon in town, Mrs. Wildrof's an amazing landscape architect. Mr. Locke's a successful lawyer, Mrs. Smyth is an owner of a law firm and company, and Mrs. Vanderson is a fashion designer." "They're technically billionaire's with how much money they make." Jessica glared at Mike and he held his hands up in surrender. "Don't let Harper hear you, she doesn't like that." Angela muttered. Bella let the information sink in but was still confused, the parents were great so how does this reflect their children. "But." Bella perked up at this. "All the children are adopted." He eyes widened in shock. "Like the Cullen's?" The group nodded in confirmation and this shocked her. A bunch of kids were adopted by those people, how lucky can they be. "Not that it's our business but I always wondered why they adopted." Jessica commented. "Harper told us that already. She said that the adults wanted to give orphan children a chance and they were chosen to be those children." Belle hummed at this. "So they adopted because they wanted to give a chance not because of something like infertility?" All nodded. She was worried that the family might be another coven of vampires, looks like she was jumping to conclusions.